Moving from Counter to Counter on Map

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

innerlander

Moving from Counter to Counter on Map

Post by innerlander »

Hi, my first post (Newbie). When I start the Tutorial - Anonymous Heroics - the HQ, 1st. Inf Div is surrounded by a Golden Circle. This means it is selected, no doubt. My problem is that I CANNOT select any other Counter. All that happens is that the cursor is followed by red movement trails for HQ, 1st. Div. Can anyone tell me please how to deselect this HQ, 1st. Div Counter and select another? It is my first attempt at this Game, and I apologise if the solution should be obvious - but really, I do not know. Thanks in advance for any help.
innerlander
The Next Game will do it...or the next...or the next after that!
sPzAbt653

RE: Moving from Counter to Counter on Map

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Move the cursor over another unit and left click. Welcome newby !!
innerlander

Post by innerlander »

Hi sPzAbt653. Thank you very much. Now I can get into this Game! Moving from Tabletop to Computer Wargaming is a challenge. Again, thanks very much.
The Next Game will do it...or the next...or the next after that!
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: innerlander

Hi sPzAbt653. Thank you very much. Now I can get into this Game! Moving from Tabletop to Computer Wargaming is a challenge. Again, thanks very much.
I also would recommend the hotkey lists and the default settings for movement. I personally don;t like the tool-tips, which can be switched off, too.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”