Bulgarians '44-'45

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Naughteous Maximus

Bulgarians '44-'45

Post by Naughteous Maximus »

I am working on a mod that will include the Bulgarians I have almost completed the equipment list and am presently working on the TO&E. Can anyone help me make the Bulgarian chip (flag)transparent and post it so I can add them to the picture images I am using for the Bulgarian equipment? Your help would be much appreciated.
heliodorus04

RE: Bulgarians '44-'45

Post by heliodorus04 »

No disrespect intended, but the Bulgarians never even entered Romania in World War 2, let alone the USSR. So what role will Bulgarians fill?
Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

How do you envisage seeing the Bulgarians in game? There is no Bulgarian counter and although the nationality is in the data I don't think it is linked in.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
Naughteous Maximus

I am creating a mod based on the "Drama on the Danube '44-'45" scenario. I do not know if its going to work, but I'll tinker around and see what I can come up with. If it doesn't work, the work might come in handy in any future improvements to the game. In this mod, I've extended the northern border to encompass, all of AG 'North Ukraine' and to the south and west, what parts of the Balkans that are represented on the map. I am hoping the Russians will be able to enter Bulgaria and the Balkans, as they did historically and have a trigger for the Bulgarians switching sides and joining the Russians in their Balkan invasion. I will have the German front continue all the way to the Adriatic instead of just Hungary in the present scenario. I have dug up enough information about Bulgarian unit composition and TO&E that I have a OOB for Bulgaria. I have also added Bulgarian Generals too!
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

Sounds great but there are no Bulgarians programmed into WitE although the nationality exists in the data.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
Naughteous Maximus

I know, that's why I am creating the data for them by scratch. I was able to dig up a lot of information, but some things that I can't find info for, I'll just have to adlib. I want to put the Bulgarian flag on the photos, but I can't get the somewhat transparent affect. If anyone can help out, I would be grateful. The Bulgarians will enter the game on turn 4 as part of the Russian army attached to the 3rd Ukrainian Front. They will look Russian but their TO&E will be Bulgarian.
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

I think you misunderstand me - even if you programme the data they won't work in the game as Bulgarians. Just try converting a current soviet unit to Bulgarian - it will still appear as a Soviet Unit. This is fine if you are content to have the Bulgarians as Soviet Units with a new TOE. Replacements may also be a problem.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”