Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next?

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
markhwalker

Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next?

Post by markhwalker »

A short blog post with my ideas on future games. You can read it here.
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
Bulldog1

RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next?

Post by Bulldog1 »

I say "Semper Fi"
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

Pacific tactical games are rare - so my vote.
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

Since the focus of Heroes is Company/Squad level battles one might consider some Vietnam scenarios. Many possibilities that cover both rural and urban fighting, regular forces v irregulars, special forces missions, Marine Long Range Recon missions all on widely variable terrain that range from jungles, to open fields, rice paddies, small villages to heavily urban locales. Search and Destroy, assasination, rescue, recon - the possibilities are endless.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Thomasew

Post by Thomasew »

2nd'd .. Forgotten Heroes - Vietnam .. [:)]

Cheers
Tom
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
wodin

Post by wodin »

You need o expand the unit count and cover the eats front throughout the years..then move onto another theatre\war. I'd be extremely peeved if the East front was now left with no more maps\units to cover other years of the conflict.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

To expand the east front could be enough a set of new counters with proper value.West front,Pacific front and North Africa front are really new games with new features like parachute for west(Normandy),landing craft both for west and Pacific,Banzai charge for the Japanese and also the war in the desert can add something.
With the editor i think that is possible to cover others battle in the east but we need the counters, specially for the 1941 AFV and after 42 AFV.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

I believe that most here would enjoy any expansion but of course would prefer their favourite theatre and time period excepting space monsters and large robots. [;)]

If it were my game I would first create a HoS expansion including more troop and vehicle types, such as Paratroopers, SMG units, SU-85, Puma, Katyusha Rockets, and the like. Weapons such as Grenade Bundles, and Magnetic Mines. The map types could be more rural with, dare I say it, 2 story buildings.

Next would be West front as most of the German Kit is already available. Initially with Americans and expansions to follow with allied forces.

Then I would move into alternate history with a late 1945 war erupting between east and west. Units already available from previous games with the addition of some of the heavier tanks such as the Pershing.

France 1940 is sadly lacking a good tactical game and would be quite attractive to people. Of course there is the vast panoply of post 50's, the Cold War and the modern era. Not to mention WW1.

When you have completed all of that why not a game where, as a branch campaign, a few world war 1 British soldiers, who are also vampires, discover a time machine and are transported back to the American Revolutionary War. With their help the war is won for Britain and Starbucks Teashops spread civilization throughout the World. [;)]
Thomasew

Post by Thomasew »

I'll be extremely peeved if we get any more East Front expansions/addons. I bought HoS because of the Game System, which I like .. but, I rarely play it anymore. E.F. holds no interest for me. [>:]

We need new Theatres of War, .. not the same boring old thing (E.F.) with multiple addons. There are so many games available for the E.F., ... It's gotten beyond tedious now. [>:]

Tom

fentum

Post by fentum »

How about zombie pirates vs robo dinosaurs?

[:D][:D][:D]
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Werewolf1326

Since the focus of Heroes is Company/Squad level battles one might consider some Vietnam scenarios. Many possibilities that cover both rural and urban fighting, regular forces v irregulars, special forces missions, Marine Long Range Recon missions all on widely variable terrain that range from jungles, to open fields, rice paddies, small villages to heavily urban locales. Search and Destroy, assasination, rescue, recon - the possibilities are endless.

+1

Rick
wodin

Post by wodin »

Well you did buy an east front game...so really I think it's only fair that those who bought this game liked the theater and really would expect some more maps\units on it. I'd be happy with an expansion of just units only and maybe a few more maps..no scenarios needed. We can make them. That way those who gnat something different would get it quicker.

ORIGINAL: Thomasew

I'll be extremely peeved if we get any more East Front expansions/addons. I bought HoS because of the Game System, which I like .. but, I rarely play it anymore. E.F. holds no interest for me. [>:]

We need new Theatres of War, .. not the same boring old thing (E.F.) with multiple addons. There are so many games available for the E.F., ... It's gotten beyond tedious now. [>:]

Tom

Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Well you did buy an east front game...so really I think it's only fair that those who bought this game liked the theater and really would expect some more maps\units on it. I'd be happy with an expansion of just units only and maybe a few more maps..no scenarios needed. We can make them. That way those who gnat something different would get it quicker.

What units and maps are you looking for? Do you have scenarios in mind? I might be able to come up with some more units.....

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
fentum

Post by fentum »

ORIGINAL: Thomasew

Tom

On a more serious note than zombie pirates, I didn't REALLY buy an east front game, I bought a Lock n Load game. It happened to be EF. I would have preferred a west front set, but I'll take what I can get. Strangely enough, and counter to that, I would never buy a Vietnam setting, but would buy any other WW2 stuff in a flash.

Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

You need o expand the unit count and cover the eats front throughout the years..then move onto another theatre\war. I'd be extremely peeved if the East front was now left with no more maps\units to cover other years of the conflict.

Maybe this deserves its own thread in the General discussion area but:

I've been wargaming since 1961 or '62 (I forget) and in all that time I have never really understood the fascination so many wargamers have with the east front. To me its just outnumbered tech guys meet savage hordes.

Could someone enlighten me please...
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Thomasew

Post by Thomasew »

As Fentum also said, .. I didn't buy an Eastern Front game, .. I bought the 1st Lock 'n Load computer game, .. that, unfortunately, is set in the Eastern Front.[:(]

I think it's only fair, .. that those that like the Lock 'n Load series of games, be afforded an opportunity to play a PC version, in a non-Eastern Front setting.

Once a couple of different Theatres are out there, .. there's nothing to stop the developers from adding to the existing released games, .. by adding additional units/maps/scenarios etc.

I suggested Forgotten Heroes - Vietnam, as it's the first Lock 'n Load game I purchased, and have enjoyed it through many, many games. Haven't played it in a while though, so, it would be great to play a PC version. [:)]

.. but, given the LnL game system/mechanics, .. I would be happy with anything .. with the exception of the Eastern Front in WW2. [>:]

Would love some Cold War/Modern Conflicts (NATO vs PACT) as well. [:)]

Tom
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Pacific! Yes, by all means.
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

Keep it in WWII. Definitely not 'Nam. Normandy or Pacific would probably have good infantry engagements which is the featured action in LnL Heroes games.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

What units and maps are you looking for? Do you have scenarios in mind? I might be able to come up with some more units.....

See my post 8 for some specific units.
fentum

Post by fentum »

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

Keep it in WWII. Definitely not 'Nam. Normandy or Pacific would probably have good infantry engagements which is the featured action in LnL Heroes games.

This exactly.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”