New map for WITE

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

IronDuke_slith

RE: New map for WITE

Post by IronDuke_slith »

ORIGINAL: Jison

ORIGINAL: Balou

Jison,

One more for your todo list: hex X12, y89: "Brunau" !!! It's the city where the bad boy who started WW2 and WitE was born. It should read "Braunau".
Apart from this most serious misspelling in the history of ww2 wargaming [:D]: thanks for your map.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are using Gorans map version? As far as I know, Braunau are not included in WitE - so it isnt even on my map. It is added to Gorans map however, and with Brunau as a spelling.

Jison

Any ETA on the final piece of your work on this map mod? If I recall you were planning on one last release? Any teasers as to what will be covered and when?

Thanks and Regards,
ID
Jison

Post by Jison »

ORIGINAL: IronDuke

Any ETA on the final piece of your work on this map mod? If I recall you were planning on one last release? Any teasers as to what will be covered and when?

Thanks and Regards,
ID

What remains to do are new symbols for battle reports, attacks, victory locations, routed units and some other minor stuff. Below you see some wip Luftwaffe interdiction reports to the left and some routed russian units around Dnepropetrovsk to the right.

Jison

Attachments
stuff.jpg
stuff.jpg (706.81 KiB) Viewed 118 times

anglonorman

Post by anglonorman »

n/t
Shiva the Destroyer

Post by Shiva the Destroyer »

Awesome rework of the WITE map!

However, it's missing the Baltic Rail Zone boundary line...
and probably less importantly the German NO move line running North/South over Lake Onega which may not matter anyhow.

edit1> I like it well enough to use it and just refer to the old map for the necessary Baltic Rail Zone when necessary via a second (instance) install of WITE!
I figure Jison will correct the omission soon enough. [:)]

edit2> On my rig (using Win7), I had to remove the /DAT/ART/GUI subfolder files from the mod and the WITEFontConfig.txt file in order to get the soft factor corners to display on the units. Not an issue for me but might be nice if the map rework was posted standalone from other modifications for those who might have similar issues.
Jison

Post by Jison »

ORIGINAL: Gray Lensman

Awesome rework of the WITE map!

However, it's missing the Baltic Rail Zone boundary line...
and probably less importantly the German NO move line running North/South over Lake Onega which may not matter anyhow.

edit1> I like it well enough to use it and just refer to the old map for the necessary Baltic Rail Zone when necessary via a second (instance) install of WITE!
I figure Jison will correct the omission soon enough. [:)]

edit2> On my rig (using Win7), I had to remove the /DAT/ART/GUI subfolder files from the mod and the WITEFontConfig.txt file in order to get the soft factor corners to display on the units. Not an issue for me but might be nice if the map rework was posted standalone from other modifications for those who might have similar issues.

Glad you like the map, Gray. [:)]

The Baltic Rail Zone: well, the baltic countries have their own borders on this map, so a boundary line seemed unnecessary.

No Move Lines over Onega: there are no movement/attack lines over any water on this map - a deliberate choice I made.

Standalone downloads: the aim is to make a complete package, not dozens of different standalone parts. The user are then free to go with a complete visual conversion by using the whole package as is or to manually pick and choose whatever bits and pieces he wants. Thats not an 'issue', thats more of a 'feature'. [;)]

Jison

Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Yeah, I took out the counters and the UI, as I did not care for those at all, but I love the map.

I love the map with my new counter font (see my other thread posts), for me the counters then pop out.

Everyone has different tastes for maps, counters or UI, hence one of the fantastic things about the JSGME mod thing and the font config file.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Moongazer

Post by Moongazer »

I have just been looking at the map 10 out of 10 Kudos. I have a question about it, so when you install it to the folders does it overwrite the original file?
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

If you use the JSGME program it will save it and you can then switch mods back and forth in a breeze.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
Moongazer

Post by Moongazer »

Thanks for that information dlazov66 that's me up and running [:)][:)]. One thing I noticed was I had to rename the units file and copy the old units file to the new map as I preferred them as my eyesight was not up to it [;)]
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

Great map mod, using it now.
Just curious if there is a way to change a few colors that I'm having problems with.

Rom units look brown and too much like Soviets (actually do prefer the baby blue Rom [:)] )?
SS units would like more black?
Sov GDS units look almost pink and would prefer red.

Any thoughts here would be appreciated. Thanks
Jison

Post by Jison »

ORIGINAL: jzardos

Great map mod, using it now.
Just curious if there is a way to change a few colors that I'm having problems with.

Rom units look brown and too much like Soviets (actually do prefer the baby blue Rom [:)] )?
SS units would like more black?
Sov GDS units look almost pink and would prefer red.

Any thoughts here would be appreciated. Thanks

Since you are asking for the exact same colors as the original counters, may I suggest that you use them instead?

Jison

Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Your welcome Moongazer.
:)
JOE02

Post by JOE02 »

Hello,

Thank you for your wonderful work Jison !
Lagoon & Witpae
JonFarber

Post by JonFarber »

Just recently got the game, and happened across this mod. Looks absolutely beautiful! Amazing work! I'm having issue with the download though, anyone else had any issues? I've tried multiple times and keep getting a corrupted RAR.

Any chance the download got corrupted or something? Might just be a crappy connection on my part, but hadn't had this issue before. Very anxious to try this out though, the screenshots look fantastic.

Thanks!

EDIT: It was definitely my connection having issues! Had a friend download it for me and share it and had no problems. Going to dive in and try it out now, thanks for all the work on this!
Tuhhodge

Post by Tuhhodge »

Gertbeef,

I'm glad you posted your experience of the Map mod. I have just been experiencing the same problem with a corrupt RAR file. The file 29.tga leads to an "Irrecoverable Error: CRC error detected" when unzipped. The map still loads but the tiles along the bottom of the map from Romania eastwards to the Caucus are in fact from the original map. Scrolling the screen then leads to corrupt graphics.

Although I never had this problem when originally installing on my PC I also have a poor internet connection. I'm now using a Macbook Pro with Windows 8.1 and Parallels 9.0 to play the game, so I had assumed the error related to that combination. From what Gertbeef says, it sounds like my internet connection is the source of the problem. I guess a trip over to the mother-in-law's to use her fast broadband is in order!

Does anyone have any other advice?
Tuhhodge

Post by Tuhhodge »

Update-

Courtesy of my mother-in-law's internet connection, I successfully downloaded the map and the game works flawlessly. Lesson learned!

[:)]
wallas

Post by wallas »

Jison thank you. This mod is so much better then vanilla and has increased my enjoyment of the game 100 times. Many thanks for sharing. I am blown away with the modifications you made to this game
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Thanks, Jison for the mod (now in use) and kind support to get started.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Jison's map is great, helps the game.

But, any help in getting another color for Romanian units?
FJeff

Post by FJeff »

How can I go back to the vanilla units with this lovely map?
And it's one, two, three,
What are we fightin' for?

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”