So its already march...

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

towerbooks3192

So its already march...

Post by towerbooks3192 »

How much should I be keeping from my paycheck today to get DW Universe if I have vanilla and all current expansions?
et ignobiles oblivio
Canute0

RE: So its already march...

Post by Canute0 »

nothing.
Universe don't realy add something new to the game, you need to wait until some modders create some awesome mods for it, i think specialy at some Total Conversions.
But it don't will change the gameplay at all.
Osito

Post by Osito »

According to the Space Sector preview, it will add a new story line and some new techs. Not clear if there'll be more, but I'd probably buy it just for that.
Osito
towerbooks3192

Post by towerbooks3192 »

But but.. they said there is going to be a shaktur storyline? If this is a wrap-up then I also want to order a physical copy this time around.
et ignobiles oblivio
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

0.01%

Sorry Darkspire, should have put that in Hex
CyclopsSlayer

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

ORIGINAL: Icemania

0.01%

Sorry Darkspire, should have put that in Hex
You mean like...

HEX : 0.028F5C% [:D]
towerbooks3192

Post by towerbooks3192 »

Seriously though. My game spending budget is a bit tight since uni is already starting and I am having lesser shifts so I would greatly appreciate it if we have an estimate of its cost.
et ignobiles oblivio
Deathball

Post by Deathball »

There is estimate that isn't based on pure guesswork but its not getting released in march so there isn't much point in saving anyway.
Osito

Post by Osito »

As Deathball said, it won't be released in March:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

We're no longer aiming for the end of March, but we are close. Delays can arise for many reasons - development, art, marketing time, etc. I can't say more right now, but as soon as possible we'll share more information with you all.

Regards,

- Erik

tm.asp?m=3521680&mpage=4

So far as the cost is concerned, we know that the Shadows upgrade currently costs 24.99 USD or 19.19 GBP. I'd be very surprised if the upgrade to Universe (rather than the complete product) is more than Shadows. I hope its a bit less, but that's just a hope, as there are no publicly available facts, and Matrix are not ready to release further information right now.

Osito
Osito
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

ORIGINAL: towerbooks3192

Seriously though. My game spending budget is a bit tight since uni is already starting and I am having lesser shifts so I would greatly appreciate it if we have an estimate of its cost.
Uni, mate, just drink a few less beers ... and get many more hours of fun in return [;)]

towerbooks3192

Post by towerbooks3192 »

Uni, mate, just drink a few less beers ... and get many more hours of fun in return [;)]

Ok so there are delays and my main problem with spending are the releases or something might pop up and if I spend it on that game then DW gets released and I would not be able to purchase it. I don't have any problems since I don't drink/smoke or anything so money goes either to food, bills or games.
et ignobiles oblivio
Osito

Post by Osito »

Ok so there are delays and my main problem with spending are the releases or something might pop up and if I spend it on that game then DW gets released and I would not be able to purchase it. I don't have any problems since I don't drink/smoke or anything so money goes either to food, bills or games.

OMFG, ur at uni and ur playing games, paying bills and eating, instead of drinking? What is the world coming to? I think a bubble just burst.

;-)
Osito
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

I think we can help you towerbooks3192.

Learn poker and be the sober one and play while your mates are drunk (you can even practice your 4X while you are at it, particularly the exploit bit).

Photocopy your mates text book instead of buying a new text book.

Skip a few lectures so can do some extra shifts (you know with that monotone lecturer that does exactly the same thing year after year after year and you already have all of last years materials anyway).

Borrow some money from a friend and promise to give it back some day.

I was going to suggest just putting a few dollars in savings but based on my old Uni days I would hardly have any credibility in making such a stupid suggestion so I think the above is far more sensible.

[:D]
towerbooks3192

Post by towerbooks3192 »

I think we can help you towerbooks3192.

Learn poker and be the sober one and play while your mates are drunk (you can even practice your 4X while you are at it, particularly the exploit bit).

Photocopy your mates text book instead of buying a new text book.

Skip a few lectures so can do some extra shifts (you know with that monotone lecturer that does exactly the same thing year after year after year and you already have all of last years materials anyway).

Borrow some money from a friend and promise to give it back some day.

I was going to suggest just putting a few dollars in savings but based on my old Uni days I would hardly have any credibility in making such a stupid suggestion so I think the above is far more sensible.

[:D]

Thanks for the advice, I can afford my textbooks brand new but I might be able to buy 2nd hand next semester. I am repeating 2 of my units this semester that I failed so I didn't spend any on books for this semester (its my 2 accounting units, I did good on my 2 law units). I don't have any friends since I didn't graduate highschool here (I am from another country) and I am quiet most of the time since I don't talk much other than when answering questions or doing presentations. I don't speak unless spoken to and yes I am shy. I don't trick my friends in to getting money since the little friends I have are very loyal ones and I always pay my debts (good and bad and so does my family. My family is a bit respected and involved in politics in my old country). As I have said, I don't drink so I don't go out much and meet new people. I do socialize when someone talks to me and I don't have any plans hitting on anyone since I have been with the same woman for about 7 years now. Ok that is enough about me..

Anyway I will try to save some money for DWU since I will be purchasing the physical copy this time around. I hope that there will be some estimated or better yet official price announcements soon so I could prepare since there are a few games that I sort of want and my gaming budget is pretty thin these days.
et ignobiles oblivio
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

It was all intended as a laugh towerbooks, actually never did anything I listed while at Uni (well except for the missing lectures bit). Good luck with your studies and hope to see you talking Universe. Just be careful with these strategy games around Exams as they can tear chunks out of your spare time!

Funnily enough my wife has never had a drink, did accounting/law, was once shy, and is now very sociable. You don't need to drink to get out.

towerbooks3192

Post by towerbooks3192 »

It was all intended as a laugh towerbooks, actually never did anything I listed while at Uni (well except for the missing lectures bit). Good luck with your studies and hope to see you talking Universe. Just be careful with these strategy games around Exams as they can tear chunks out of your spare time!

Funnily enough my wife has never had a drink, did accounting/law, was once shy, and is now very sociable. You don't need to drink to get out.

Cheers mate! good luck to you too. Well my girlfriend supports my hobby and she said its either I play my games or with her. Yeah it is dangerous. Oh how many times I almost called in sick because I played Civ V before bed time and I almost forgot to turn over my paper after a renewed love for Europa Universalis III back then. Strategy games are dangerous and I kind of play strategy most of the time but now I kind of fired up my consoles from time to time because it adds to the stress sometimes. DW is not the kind of game you play to relax but it sure is less stressful than playing wargames from the matrix store or something like EUIV/CK2
et ignobiles oblivio

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”