The Prussian Incursion Of 1807

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

nate25

RE: The Prussian Incursion Of 1807

Post by nate25 »

Hmmm.... perusing some old documents on Swedipedia, the new Swedish Wiki...

More to follow..
I have a subtle and cunning plan.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Gentlemen, before we go delving into South America I think we should continue to delve into ladies underwear. What was in Lohanius' underwear? Paper Clips, BPB or er the Nutmeg/Peanut combo?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
nate25

Post by nate25 »

Good God. The more I read, the more I get pulled into the dark history of Sweden.

W1, please pursue the undergarment angle. It does appear this was LoLan's main vehicle for getting the BPB into Sweden.

As for the Iowan and Minnesotan connection - it appears that those boys were all relatives of LOLan (and of each other).
Orm

Post by Orm »

I am reading the excellent book How Lohanius Used Her Profits from the Paper Clips Smuggling to Settle Indiana and Retired in Fishers by Stephen Ambrose. This book should settle the smuggling question.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
nate25

Post by nate25 »

According to Swedipedia, LoLan was using the St. Lawrence River to gain access to the Great Lakes and thus the interior of Minnesota. Apparently, Minnesota had a perfect climate for the growing of the peanut/nutmeg hybrid (called peanutmeg).

LoLan resettled large numbers of out-of-work Swedish fishermen there to tend her harvest. Thus the Minnesotan contingent in her reg't. Interesting.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: nate25

Good God. The more I read, the more I get pulled into the dark history of Sweden.

warspite1

Yes its a pretty ghastly place, full of pretty despicable people, cut-throats, bullies, murderers...a truly scary part of the world - its worse than Holland.

Orm

Post by Orm »

According to Swedipedia, LoLan was using the St. Lawrence River to gain access to the Great Lakes and thus the interior of Minnesota. Apparently, Minnesota had a perfect climate for the growing of the peanut/nutmeg hybrid (called peanutmeg).

LoLan resettled large numbers of out-of-work Swedish fishermen there to tend her harvest. Thus the Minnesotan contingent in her reg't. Interesting.
Information from Swedipedia should not be considered fact. It was created by the Swedish Neutrality Department to help inform the rest of the world what they should do and make them believe in the illusion of Swedish neutrality.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

Yes its a pretty ghastly place, full of pretty despicable people, cut-throats, bullies, murderers...a truly scary part of the world - its worse than Holland.

Maybe that is the reason we Swedes love Holland and the Dutch.
nate25

Post by nate25 »

That's true Orm.

We're finding the info from that agency was pure propaganda.

Modeled along the lines of Goebbels' ministry. Which makes sense, since Hitler was Swedish.

Oh my God, was Goebbels Swedish too?

I can't take much more...
nate25

Post by nate25 »

ORIGINAL: Orm

I am reading the excellent book How Lohanius Used Her Profits from the Paper Clips Smuggling to Settle Indiana and Retired in Fishers by Stephen Ambrose. This book should settle the smuggling question.

Info in this book is very suspect as we all know. It was written while A was on one of his famous BPB binges.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

And on that bombshell I'm going to turn in for the night. Need to get my head around some of the discoveries unearthed here.... incredible. I mean seriously, you couldn't make it up.

Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

And on that bombshell I'm going to turn in for the night. Need to get my head around some of the discoveries unearthed here.... incredible. I mean seriously, you couldn't make it up.
Indeed.

I will turn in as well.
nate25

Post by nate25 »

Good call. Off to the Ram for a few pints and a burger.

Goodnight Indiana.
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

There weren't any cows involved, were there? If there were, then which side of the BPB did they start with?
And did the Norwegians covertly aid the Swedes in setting up the Kensington Stone in Minnesota??

Return to “General Discussion”