Balancing game speeds.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Proxy Studios

Gnu89

Balancing game speeds.

Post by Gnu89 »

Hi

Pandora is a great fun game but Im used to playing games with longer sessions, like civ on epic/marathon. Pandora feels like a great mix of endless space civ 4/ and civ v with its own personal touch and i like it. I think it plays best on marathon for a few reasons.

If you have a big city that focuses on production its very easy to build even very expensive late game units in one turn, and since production only carries over and you cannot build/purchase one more thing per turn it feels more dynamic to play on slower speed.

Same go with research, would be nice if you could get more than one tech per turn.

Another reason why i like slower speeds is beaucause it favors unit movement and investing in a big army and if you have the element of suprise you can do more damage, rather if your opponent can build/purhcase alot of units.

BUT

some game elements doesnt scale well with the change in game speed. In my oppinion the cloning operation is VERY important, managing growth in pandora is key to perfect management. on normal speed cloning operation costs 64 work and increases the growth in the tile by 4 for 10 turns. On marathon it costs 128 work and gives 4 growth for 10 turns. So this very important operation is half as effective on marathon, wich in my oppinion is a game changer.

Things should be double the duration AND double the cost for ALL things on marathon, not just unit costs and so.
operation such as orbital bombardment becomes VERY powerful for defensive purpose on marathon, becasue you can use it quite often compared to the rate you can build units and so on. I think you understand that with half the game being less cost efficent a playstyle that favors the other will be favored and the balance of the game tilted, in not a too good way.

TL:DR

Fix operations to scale in efficency/duration/cooldown with marathon/epic/quick so that it is the same as normal please! Not just the work it takes to build them! Cloning should be lasting for 5/10/15/20 turns respectivly and the cooldown for orbital bombardment (wich i cannot recall atm) should be 0,5X / X / 1,5X / 2X and so on. Operations are double as powerful or half as efficent depending on wich it is and changes alot! please look over this in a patch!

TL:DR (again)

Balance the game speed options please

Thanks!

Gnu

Return to “Tech Support”