Gorn ship names file

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Antarian

Gorn ship names file

Post by Antarian »

I am the Lizard King, I can do Anything!

Just won my first DW, playing the Gorns. What an exciting game. I guess the AI thought I was doing too well, so as I'm nearing victory conditions, it makes one of my largest most powerful fleets defect to another race, just weirdly happened to pick a race that was using the same Gorn ship designs as me, this game does very synchronous things like that all the time...

So it was pure joy putting together hunter killer squadrons to hunt down this rogue fleet. We eventually lured them into a trap by attacking two resorts owned by that empire in our space. I had special cruisers ( CL Gunship Class, 'GCS Apache', 'GCS Hind' ect...) loaded for bear with hi tech rail guns, so that any survivors would still be damaged internally and trying to limp home. Get this again for synchronicity, the lead heavy cruiser that ended up battling it out with us and dying was the 'GCS Revolution', lol!

The primary target was the deathray sporting Dreadnought, 'GCS Rhodan', which went down fighting and clawing like a true Japanese Movie Monster should.

It was a truly fun experience to have the WTF!!! Moment when my huge fleet defected, and then watching it get picked apart and brought down hard in typical Gorn justice style.

'GCS' btw stands for Gorn Confederacy Ship, the Gorns were a Confederacy in the TOS SFB world that the ship models are from in the ST TOS mod.
Attachments
GornshipNames.txt
(7.22 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
"If there are gods, they do not care, and justice always goes to the strong. But remember this: All that is done before the naked stars is remembered" Klingon proverb.
Demiurge13

RE: Gorn ship names file

Post by Demiurge13 »

I don't really know where this goes...
I didn't see a shipnames folder or anything, does it go in that big races file? if so where, how?

A little more information and instruction for us non-modders would be helpful...

Return to “Design and Modding”