Please Encrypt Player Password in PBEM

Piercing Fortress Europa is a new game from veteran game designer Frank Hunter, which covers the campaigns of the Western Allies from July, 1943 through the end of April, 1945 in Sicily and Italy. Each area has its own map and time scale to best represent the campaigns for Sicily and Italy and the player is offered complete freedom, limited only by a historical order of battle and logistics model, to plan his operations and explore all of the many “what ifs” that the Italian theater has to offer.
Michael T

Please Encrypt Player Password in PBEM

Post by Michael T »

As a player who has been cheated in the past I am always seeking to play games that are secure and as cheat proof as possible.

I was led to believe this game was very difficult to cheat. But all a cheater has to do is open the PBEM file in a txt editor and his opponents password is plainly visible.

Please Frank encrypt the passwords.

Otherwise I am enjoying the game.
FrankHunter

RE: Please Encryt Player Password in PBEM

Post by FrankHunter »

I will do that, thank you
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Thanks Frank. I am going to call off my PBEM's until this is fixed. I am not insinuating bad things about anybody. Its just once you have been burned you tend not to trust unknown opponents.
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Yes, I was alerted to that problem on Saturday and have worked out a new scheme for it. It'll be fixed in the first patch.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

When might the first patch be out?
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Also, when might the revised manual be available, please? I am holding off until there is a good, comprehensive manual.

Return to “Piercing Fortress Europa”