Map values editor issues

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

WildCatNL

Map values editor issues

Post by WildCatNL »

Hi,

I've run into two problems using the Map Values editor, none of them show-stoppers. The second one hurts me most.

1). Road net overlay is not kept consistent with new "automated map scanning". At least for hexes with roads removed, after a All layers scan, the overlay keeps the "Road" tag on the hex, whereas the "Current Hex" info panel in the bottom right side of the UI correctly shows the hex containing no road.

2). "Mixed" tags don't come off when the terrain changes (and is rescanned). Even if I change the hex to a lake (completely blue hex, clear of any artwork), rescanning will recognize the lake but not remove the "Mixed" tag, yielding a a Lake, Mixed hex. The Mixed tags persists in the .fp9 file.
The one way to get rid of the Mixed tag is to delete the .fp9 file (which means throwing away any manually placed obstacle ids at stream hexes).

Not a bug in itself, but something unfortunate: the green parts of the HexDraw artwork for fields (RS-Field4, etc) cause the hex being tagged as Forest when the green parts are placed to placed too close the hex edges. This makes placing field art even more laborious.

William
William
On Target Simulations LLC
CapnDarwin

RE: Map values editor issues

Post by CapnDarwin »

William,

Thanks for the info. I'll send these into the bug tracking.

I would bet for the green fields they are mixing with the black hex edge and getting a color close to the forest green used. I'll see if we can address that in some way as well.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Tech Support”