Gravity

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rising-Sun

Gravity

Post by Rising-Sun »

I have to say that new movie out called "Gravity" was pretty darn good and feel like the real thing. If you havent seen it, i recommend you get it. Sandra or Ryan had many tough challenges to deal with. In most cases, no one would manage to survive it. My question is, where did she landed at?
PunkReaper

RE: Gravity

Post by PunkReaper »

Great film.... Well suited to 3D and a large cinema screen. Here is a video about he ending.... Spoiler alert

http://youtu.be/kiGX-PcPCSw
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

*Spoiler Alert*

Yes, it is nicely done, but there is a serious flaw. When a major character commits suicide, there needs to be a very good reason -- and there wasn't. Today's Sunday Los Angeles Times has a cartoon of the year's major movies pointing out just this problem.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

When i saw Ryan difting away from Earth, how did she started to head back? Guess it was part of Earth's Gravity Pull, IDK.
balto

Post by balto »

Chic flick that sucked.

The best part of the movie was when Sandra was changing out of her spacesuit and she was in her underwear floating around for about 20 seconds. That had to be CGI because there is no way a gal that age can look that great.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Any film that wins so many production (sound editing, cinematography, etc. etc.) awards has got to be seriously worth seeing for the production value if nothing else. I thought the movie was a tour de force for Bullock, beautifully shot and staged and very entertaining.

I don't understand the reference to suicide lacking important reasons. No one does it in this movie, so why is that relevant here? [&:]
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

While the physics are generally good in the movie they are horribly wrong with regards to changing alt. The movie makes it look like changing alt in orbit is really easy when in fact its takes a tremendous amount of fuel to just make minor alterations in your orbits altitude.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

I saw the movie on the weekend.

Great movie!

Thoroughly enjoyed it!

It was a 1950's science fiction movie set in modern times.

Question: In Apollo 13, they had to hit the atmosphere at just the right angle or would bounce right off. What has changed in the intervening years?

PunkReaper

Post by PunkReaper »

Saw a really great gem the other day .... The Europa Report. Another film similar to Gravity.
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

Saw a really great gem the other day .... The Europa Report. Another film similar to Gravity.
Nice film, but I did not like the end, too explicit.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: lecrop

ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

Nice film, but I did not like the end, too explicit.
Spoiler alert - ending cut out part where the pond is not Waldon's pond but is infested with crocodiles.

They are said to carry a firearm in Soyuz in case there are wolves where they land.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

I don't understand the reference to suicide lacking important reasons. No one does it in this movie, so why is that relevant here?

What happens to George Clooney's character? (And an experienced astronaut would, repeat would, have known better.)
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock
I don't understand the reference to suicide lacking important reasons. No one does it in this movie, so why is that relevant here?

What happens to George Clooney's character? (And an experienced astronaut would, repeat would, have known better.)

IMO, Clooney's character (SPOILER ALERT) sacrifices himself and reduces his chances for survival on behalf of those he was to safeguard. I don't interpret his actions as suicide, more of a noble sacrifice.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

Loved the movie
AND
It is assumed she lands safely in USA
"Tanks forward"
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: freeboy

Loved the movie
AND

Doesnt look like she landed anywhere near USA, possible Central Asia. She lucky she didnt land further out in the ocean.
haikura

Post by haikura »

Very good movie it was. It shows that 2 good actors and great plot can make the whole movie - you don´t need anything else.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Loved the movie
AND

Doesnt look like she landed anywhere near USA, possible Central Asia. She lucky she didnt land further out in the ocean.
In one scene she appeared to be over the Congo moving from southwest to northeast.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Mobius

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Loved the movie
AND

In one scene she appeared to be over the Congo moving from southwest to northeast.

I was thinking of that too, somewhere tropical region in Africa.
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

IMO, Clooney's character (SPOILER ALERT) sacrifices himself and reduces his chances for survival on behalf of those he was to safeguard. I don't interpret his actions as suicide, more of a noble sacrifice.

But if there was no real reason for him to do so -- and there wasn't -- then he actually reduced Sandra Bullock's character's chances of survival by depriving her of his experience and assistance. That is moronic, not noble, and so I repeat: an experienced astronaut would unquestionably have known better.

What we have here is similar to a major character being killed by the eighth shot from a six-shot revolver. The writers got lazy and cheated the audience.

--Victor Hugo

Return to “General Discussion”