[FIXED B498] SARH Missile Instant Launch and Blind

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AndrewJ

[FIXED B498] SARH Missile Instant Launch and Blind

Post by AndrewJ »

Hello,

Here's a case where SARH missiles (AA-10A and AA-10C) launch instantly and then run blind, despite the target being fully illuminated. (Indian Ocean Brawl, Build 497).

Manually allocating a pair of missiles gives a targeting vector with an 18 second ready time.

However, the first missile launches instantly, gets an illumination vector, but almost immediately starts running blind. When the second missile launches the illumination vector vanishes, the blind time on the first missile resets, and both missiles begin running blind.

When the five second blind time expires the missiles self destruct and the target vector vanishes.

This happens with single missiles as well as with multiple missiles, and with both the AA-10A and AA-10C.

I also tried allocating a gun attack, and then allowing the ready timer to run out before launching the missiles. However, the result was still the same, with a blind launch.

The attached save has the situation before any missiles are allocated.
Attachments
IndianOce..missiles.zip
(431.95 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
thewood1

RE: SARH Missile Instant Launch and Blind

Post by thewood1 »

I noticed the database is 405. I wonder if the changes in 1.03 have an impact on the SARH in older builds. Not sure if a minor rebuild would have an impact.
AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

I'm trying some aircraft in a fresh blank scenario in the editor now. I guess those would be from the latest DB?

So far it looks like AA-10s are doing this on both the Mig-29 and Su-27, as well as AA-7s on the Mig-23, but other SARH missiles (AA-6, Sparrow) are launching instantly but not going blind.

Clearly an imperialist plot! [:D]

EDIT: Or not. Now I've got Sparrows doing it too.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I just did the same thing and it worked exactly like its supposed to. SU-27S with the same loadout and an F/A-18 with no loadout. AA-10s all launched and maintained lock.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Here is the log...
Attachments
AALog.zip
(744 Bytes) Downloaded 3 times
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

There are a lot of things going on with that Indian Ocean scenario. It is running very slow even on impulse and no hi fi. Something is just not right about it.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Here is a screen cap of the fight
Attachments
AAWissue.jpg
AAWissue.jpg (274.37 KiB) Viewed 126 times
AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

That's puzzling. Here's some editor scenarios with the missiles going blind.

In this case the AA-10C is working, although I've had it fail too, as is the AA-6, but the AA-7 and AA-10A are going blind.

I've attached a zip with the missiles in flight already going blind. Do they continue blind for you too?

Thanks.
Attachments
MissileTestLaunch.zip
(23.43 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I have built it three times now and it works every time. I'll save and attach next time.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Here is my build...see if I have something wrong.
Attachments
TestofAA10.zip
(6.09 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

Initially I don't have any problems with your scenario, and the missiles track on your target normally.

But, if I copy the target, and engage the copy with more than one missile then the problem begins, and the missiles start running blind. From that point on if I engage your initial target the missiles can run blind on it too.

This is bizarre. Nothing like this was happening in 490, but if I reload older 490 saves this happens. I have tried re-downloading and reinstalling the 497 pack, but the problem is still present.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Just cloned the F/A-18 a couple times and the SU-27. All missiles locked and travelling.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Played this through 12 times. Original Su-27 never has a problem. 8 out of 12 times a cloned su-27 can never fire a SARH missile without it going blind within 5-6 seconds.

There is something serious;y broken here. It is not consistently reproducible, but happens the majority of times.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Did some more testing...first plane added to a scenario always works in runtime. After that, most won't work, but sometimes they do.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Related issue...people are reporting that in my newest scenario, "Splendid Rambler," the Tartar missiles being fired by the Brisbane are going blind and self-destructing all the time. I tried the scenario under Build 497 and had the same problem; I also tested some other ships (e.g., Leahy-class cruisers) and ran into the same issues with SAMs firing and then self-destructing, presumably because they lose target lock.

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks guys for the comprehensive report and sorry for that! Fixed in Build 498, and will try to get this out ASAP.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Yeah, my testing this morning shows it impacts all SARH missiles. Only the first unit placed in a scenario works.

I am going back to 490 until its fixed. Scenarios are not playable with the issue.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Did you try it with B498?
AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

Thank you for the overnight fix.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Did you try it with B498?

Yes...I mentioned in the release thread that I saw the RC2 just as I was about to start copying. Thanks for the rapid turnaround on it. Seems to function well now.

I have noted how illuminating aircraft now maneuver to maintain lock. Its kind of cool to watch.

Return to “Tech Support”