Upload Error

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Oshawott

Upload Error

Post by Oshawott »

I'm getting upload error #7. I don't know what to do. Do I have to replay the turn if I click on No?

Attachments
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (14.7 KiB) Viewed 84 times
darbycmcd

RE: Upload Error

Post by darbycmcd »

I am getting the same thing right now. I have been having problems uploading to the server for a while, always getting error 99, but usually it would upload (although report an error) after a few attempts. This is not really acceptable after this amount of time. Is anyone at Slitherine actually monitoring this stuff????? If I have to rerun this turn I will be... frustrated.
darbycmcd

Post by darbycmcd »

Sorry, mine is error 1
Oshawott

Post by Oshawott »

It pays to be patient. I left my PC on over night and was able to upload this morning.
Oshawott

Post by Oshawott »

Upload error #7 again.
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

Same here. [:(]
Guess it's related to the server maintenance. At least I hope so.
STEF78

Post by STEF78 »

Got this one 7 times ... cannot upload.

I do not want to replay all my turn![:(]

GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
Oshawott

Post by Oshawott »

Last time it took them 24h to fix the problem. Just don't tun your PC off. Worked for me last time.
Oshawott

Post by Oshawott »

It works again!
STEF78

Post by STEF78 »

It worked during my sleep....[>:]

GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
darbycmcd

Post by darbycmcd »

I am having troubles..... AGAIN. This is not something for Slitherine to be proud of. This problem pops up over and over and it is quite serious. if the answer is I have to leave my computer on with the game ap running and wait for 24 hours to send a file.... that really isn't an answer. Combined with their seeming allergic reaction to actually communicating about this damn issue, I am getting on the 'maybe it isn't worth buy their products if these simple problems can't be fixed' side of the spectrum.
frogmarc

Post by frogmarc »

I'm playing against steph78 and I have the same problem. I wait all the nigth before tryinf to send again and ... nothing happen.
darbycmcd

Post by darbycmcd »

I am having the upload problem AGAIN (from the last time it was AGAIN). WTF, is anyone even monitoring these forums? This is tech support, not complaining about not-uber-enough panzers..... WE CANNOT PLAY THE GAME ON THE SERVER WITHOUT SOME TECH SUPPORT!!!!!! goddamn, it is not asking too much for someone to come in and at least say they are looking into it, right????? This has been an intermittent problem for MONTHS. I have always been really impressed with Matrix support but right now they are looking very poorly.
darbycmcd

Post by darbycmcd »

And I can't seem to open a helpdesk ticket, because the editor won't allow me to type anything! What are we supposed to do in this situation??????????
darbycmcd

Post by darbycmcd »

Ok, I have tried posting here, and tried to create a support ticket, to no avail. I am going to start sending a steady stream of emails to Joel to try and get some attention to this problem. I would encourage everyone else to do the same. I don't think it is acceptable that a key piece of functionality on an $80 program should be ignored.
darbycmcd

Post by darbycmcd »

well, despite the fact that this doesn't seem to be worth Joel's time to chime in on, I was trying to upload every couple hours, to see if there was some transient problem, but now the system just kicked me out. I lost the turn that I had spent about 2 hours working on. And now how am I supposed to know that it will work when I try the next time?

What is really making me angry is that no one will respond at all about this issue. WTF!!!!! We can see that Joel was on the forum a couple hours ago, and this problem has been reported on the slitherine techsupport (with no answers) for several months. It is EXTREMELY poor customer service to refuse to at least acknowledge there is a problem.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I'll bring this up to Erik in our phone call tomorrow. Sorry I didn't catch onto this thread earlier. I don't have anything to do with the Matrix servers and have noticed that every so often there's a global problem that seems to get better. Is this something that's just started being a problem recently? Are there others having problems with the server?
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
darbycmcd

Post by darbycmcd »

First of all, I do want to thank you for responding here, it makes me feel better to know that someone at least hears our desperate cries :)
The problem does seem to be intermittent, but when it occurs it lasts for several hours, more than 4 but probably less than 24. I have noticed it 3 times I believe in the past 3 months, but it has been commented on as early as summer of last year on the slitherine tech support forum for this game.
darbycmcd

Post by darbycmcd »

deleted double post

Return to “Tech Support”