Problems with Vehicle Class

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Bel8910

Problems with Vehicle Class

Post by Bel8910 »

I have a total of 123 (0-122) vehicle files in the vehicles.txt file. When I load up the game, I get the error pictured below saying "invalid vehicle class" on the associated AIteams.txt file. I have verified my numbers, vehicle types and even weapons but unable to figure why I am still getting this error. Thanks for the help.

Attachments
UO0005.jpg
UO0005.jpg (13.81 KiB) Viewed 165 times
Bel8910

RE: Problems with Vehicle Class

Post by Bel8910 »

I have figured out this problem. While the game will allow you to have +124 vehicles, any vehicle with the number above 123 will show this error. Odd considering this game allows a larger number of teams/icons/etc. then previous games in the series.
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

I have 131 vehicles in WAR.

I cant say for sure but I doubt they'd decrease the number.
Are you sure the Vehicle Class on your teams page and that of the vehicles page are correct?
Is the other Team also using a vehicle class of 0?
Bel8910

Post by Bel8910 »

Platoon_Michael,

Yes, I am sure I did not double the number and I double checked my AITeams. What I finally did was move my vehicle from spot "124" to spot "36" (which was unused) and the error cleared itself up. So, again...maybe an assumption on my part...I don't think you can go beyond 124 vehicles (0-123) on PITF without the error showing up. If you find something different, please let me know!
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

This warning is incorrect. You can have more than 120 vehicle classes, but right now the game will show you this warning for any value exceeding 120. It is safe to ignore the warning. This is something I can fix, but it will need to wait until an updated to Panthers in the Fog happens, so it won't be immediately.

Also, you said that vehicle class 36 was unused. If by unused you mean an entry for vehicle class 36 is in your data files but you were not using it for any team in the game, that's fine. If you do not have an entry for class 36 in your data file, this will cause problems too.

Steve
Bel8910

Post by Bel8910 »

Steve,
Thanks for the input. This was on a modified game...I had "extra" vehicle in line 36 that is why I moved it from 124 to 36. And yes, for awhile I was hitting the "debug" or "ignore" error button but it was just get frustrating doing so each time I opened the game...but, yes no crashes when I did it.
As always, appreciate your hard work!

Return to “Tech Support”