Not enough money for gas mining station?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Lochar

Not enough money for gas mining station?

Post by Lochar »

I am not sure if its a bug or I am overlooking something, but recently I cant seem to build anymore gas mining stations. Get not enough money in () when try to build. I am sitting on 100k+ at the times I tried. I can still build resorts, research stations but mining stations. Is there some hard cap to amount I can have?
Bingeling

RE: Not enough money for gas mining station?

Post by Bingeling »

As far as I know, the privates pay for mining stations. Check their bank balance.
mikeCK

Post by mikeCK »

Don't know who buys them but I know private industry maintains them. Great way to ruin your economy early is to build too many where your corporations can't pay the maintenance
Lochar

Post by Lochar »

Yeah looks like I am in the red for civilian, odd tho, I am showing 160k profit after expenses so not sure where all that red came from.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

ORIGINAL: Lochar

Yeah looks like I am in the red for civilian, odd tho, I am showing 160k profit after expenses so not sure where all that red came from.

The civilians don't get charged for a build until the constructor loads supplies. So if your constructors take a long time to reach the spaceport, then having lots of constructors can lead to deficits. I manage my constructors, and if the civilians are low on cash, I tell them to move to the spaceport near their project instead of ordering the project when the constructer becomes free...

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

I assume the civilians pay for their ships being built. With somewhat hard tax levels that could explain how they are temporarily in the red.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”