offload troops

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

MuguNiner

offload troops

Post by MuguNiner »

Greetings,

I am wondering how much longer it will take this ship to offload the tanks?
Capacity is 1700/10. Is the /10 the amount of space the troops are filling?
How can I estimate offload time?

Thanks

PS, now that I have posted this, I see I am not docked...

Attachments
offload.jpg
offload.jpg (103.67 KiB) Viewed 64 times
USMC 1976-80
HansBolter

RE: offload troops

Post by HansBolter »

If it's a level 1 port the devices may not unload even after docking. Some devices (radars in particular) are too large to unload at the paltry docks of a level 1.

Some devices that are too large to unload by a transport TF at a level 1 port can be offloaded to a beach by an amphibious TF.

I typically use amphib TFs for all transport to level 1 ports.
Hans

MuguNiner

Post by MuguNiner »

Thanks,

The docking worked. It is a level 1 port. The ship unloaded the next turn and left Salamaua.
USMC 1976-80
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

It would have showed unloading button text in red if there was something wrong. And hovering mouse pointer over would give the reason. Usual culprits are engineering devices & radars (for example) that are difficult/impossible to unload in small ports without special ships/naval support.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

It would have showed unloading button text in red if there was something wrong. And hovering mouse pointer over would give the reason. Usual culprits are engineering devices & radars (for example) that are difficult/impossible to unload in small ports without special ships/naval support.

Every day I learn something new about this game.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
bush

Post by bush »

That's why I load everything in an AMPH TF. The port size/nav support at destination does not preclude the TF from unloading. Bigger ports and more Nav Support does quicken the task.
rms1pa

Post by rms1pa »

That's why I load everything in an AMPH TF.

ow. load efficency,disruption cost and the occasional "oops it fell overboard"

transport for troops from port to port, cargo for supplies/fuel port to port. amphib for over the beach.

right size ships for the size port.

rms/pa
there is a technical term for those who confuse the opinions of an author's characters for the opinions of the author.
the term is IDIOT.
margeorg

Post by margeorg »

That's why I load everything in an AMPH TF. The port size/nav support at destination does not preclude the TF from unloading. Bigger ports and more Nav Support does quicken the task.

I just had to learn that even in amphib mode a SC-270 radar may not be unloaded at a dot base ... ATM the first turn with the destination being a lvl 1 port is pending. I sincerely hope that the radar will be unloaded then.
Cheers
Martin

Return to “The War Room”