New scenario for testing: The Migrant War (2013)

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Coiler12

New scenario for testing: The Migrant War (2013)

Post by Coiler12 »

In this scenario, deteriorating relations between Oman and Pakistan lead to a little clash between them. After the sanctioned abuse of Pakistani nationals in the sultanate, a retaliatory strike and display of naval power is in order.

-This is one of the most complicated scenarios I've designed, and I've struggled with the event editor, so please let me know if one of the events didn't work.

Edit: Final Community Scenario Pack version uploaded, fixed Iranian no-nav zone and deleted maintenance F-7s.
Attachments
The Migran..ar Final.zip
(60.17 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
NickD

RE: New scenario for testing: The Migrant War (2013)

Post by NickD »

This is a good scenario. I thought I was going reasonably well until the SAM batteries around Muscat airport wiped out my Mirage III strike! My only real suggestion is to delete the Pakistani aircraft undergoing maintenance as they're not serving any purpose as far as I can see.
Coiler12

Post by Coiler12 »

ORIGINAL: NickD

This is a good scenario. I thought I was going reasonably well until the SAM batteries around Muscat airport wiped out my Mirage III strike! My only real suggestion is to delete the Pakistani aircraft undergoing maintenance as they're not serving any purpose as far as I can see.

-Did I make the defenses around Muscat too strong? In my test run, my Mirages also got clobbered, but they still managed some lucky hits on the runway.
NickD

Post by NickD »

My strike was very badly coordinated and conducted, so I deserved what I got! The wave which approached from the south had fewer casualties than those which approached from the north over the sea (which had no survivors). Due to my own dumbness each wave was separated by about 5 minutes, so I basically provided the SAM batteries with target practice. [8|] I came close to destroying the runway though.
Flankerk

Post by Flankerk »

I played through and managed a disaster at minus 190 which is nice. Certain aspects are tough, but I wouldn't change it for that.
I tended to get stuck between hitting the runway at high altitude (where I missed) or at low altitude (where I got slaughtered).
I think Command models that very well mind so its a good issue for the player side to work out.

Everything else I managed, I think the air war I eventually won, but the naval vessels are pretty hard to protect from the first few strikes. I think I lost two to the very first strike.

The only slight oddity I reckon was the exclusion zone for the North West border area for Pakistan, on that the reference points were crossed over.

"Alas poor Yorick,I knew him Horatio"

#1 Quote of the Harpoon Community.
Coiler12

Post by Coiler12 »

Uploaded the final version. Fixed the no-nav zone and deleted the F-7s in maintenance.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”