Enhancement request

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Tazak

Enhancement request

Post by Tazak »

When arty is placed in counterbattery fire mode, can the rate of fire be increased to neutralising fire rather than suppression fire.

Seems that in arty vs. arty battle using suppressive fire against what are mainly lightly armoured SPA has a very limited effect, with the reduced timer for arty fire taking out the enemy arty assets is even more important than before but its a little disappointing when I see 3 batteries (2x abbot 105mm and 1 M109A2 155mm) fire on a single target in the same cycle and only score 1 KIA.
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
CapnDarwin

RE: Enhancement request

Post by CapnDarwin »

I'll see if we can roll this into the back of the 2.04 update.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

thanks Capn Darwin
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Not sure why that appeared with an angry face in the header, but fixed now.[&:]

daferg

Post by daferg »

And this is why I love this game.

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

I'll see if we can roll this into the back of the 2.04 update.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I'd like to see limited arty ammo to be honest..At the moment I pretty much do neutralising fire every turn (except when they scoot)with no adverse affect. Kind of makes any tough Arty decisions null and void.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Wodin it is on the list of 2.1 nice-to-have features in the current roadmap. A fancy way of saying those items will be added as dev time allows. [8D]

Tazak

Post by Tazak »

ORIGINAL: wodin

I'd like to see limited arty ammo to be honest..At the moment I pretty much do neutralising fire every turn (except when they scoot)with no adverse affect. Kind of makes any tough Arty decisions null and void.

how many fire missions do you plan per command cycle, I used to find I could plan 2 before it got hit with CB fire, although adjusting the CB % on the user data sheets might make things more interesting [;)]
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”