A Few Thoughts...

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
chemkid

RE: A Few Thoughts...

Post by chemkid »

Harv

Post by Harv »

Auto rally is not my friend. I had a German leader decide to pick up a Molotov cocktail and lose 2 movement points. I forgot to flip a MG34 from tripod to bipod, and later from bipod to tripod. I failed to shift a MG from a full squad to a half squad like I'd planned to. My attention span is apparently too short to be trusted with such a powerful tool. Not the game's fault by any means, but I'm never clicking that button again. Might even wire an electric shock to it as an added reminder to check all my stacks and units before hitting the Finish button.

And I'll second the motion to be able to turn off the voices for rallying. They really get old when there are a few dozen rally attempts during a game.

In other news, I'm still on mission 3 of the German campaign. Getting better though. Still not good, but better. [:)]
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Well...the voices are fun at first.
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
Harv

Post by Harv »

Decided to tackle a few standalone scenarios while waiting for the next patch, and had a great time. Revisited A Partisan Defence for the third or fourth time, and finally pulled off a win! WhooHoo! I'm starting to suck less!

Ambush looked like fun one also, so fired it up and saw my impending demise once again. A mixed armor/infantry force against a few partisans, a leader and a hero. Oh, and an anti-tank rifle. Ah well, worst that can happen is a loss I figured. The first turn went fairly well, shaking a couple of squads, advancing up a couple of buildings and watching to see where the enemy was going to move. The second and third turns were...well...wow! I have now officially used up all of my favours with the dice gods. On turn 2 every shot seemed to shake the enemy, and the hero Moratov assaulted the armored car and turned it to wreckage, while on the third turn Moratov assaulted and destroyed the Panzer and the partisans made short work of the infantry. After that it was a matter of mopping up while dodging the reinforcements.

Sure a challenge is nice, but occasionally it's just plain fun to crush the opposition. [:)]

markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Harv... what level of difficulty are you using?
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
Harv

Post by Harv »

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

Harv... what level of difficulty are you using?

Normal. My fragile ego wouldn't be able to withstand Hard. [:)]
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Nah, you'll be doing hard in no time.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhh. I Hate my Magic Mouse! It keeps randomly seeing a right click as a left and I shoot instead of closing to melee. My kingdom (such as it is) for an actual two button mouse.

Or a second click for shooting. That would work too I guess. [:)]
Harv

Post by Harv »

Has anyone tried this on a MacBook or MacBook Air with Parallels or Bootcamp? I'm in the market for a new portableish computer, and would hate to select one that HoS didn't work well on (Hi. My name is Harv, and I'm addicted to Heroes of Stalingrad). Or maybe one of the new Surface tablets? Haven't looked at any of them since the first round of horrible reports came out when they were first released.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”