The finest operational war game I've ever played

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

jds1978

The finest operational war game I've ever played

Post by jds1978 »

Just a shout out to the developers......you cats are really on to something here.[8D] This is the game I've been waiting for since I picked up 'Team Yankee' and 'Red Storm Rising' 30 years ago. All my groghead friends are getting the heads up from me about your little masterpiece
CapnDarwin

RE: The finest operational war game I've ever played

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks for the kind words. It will be even better once we get the hotfix out to repair a few things we broke in the large 2.03 update.

Enjoy the game and spread the word! [&o]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

Thanks for your support. I joined the team over a year and half ago and have been playing it since and have not tired of it. And when I first started playing it was not as good as it is now. We have had a few hiccups with the patch and we appreciate everyone support and patience as we get them sorted out (working as hard and as fast as we can). If we are able to do half the things to the game that we have planned, it is going to rock even more as time progresses.
Charles Belva
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Welcome to the addiction.

The forum is pretty lively. [X(]

Come on in and discuss away! [:D]

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Couldn't agree more with the OP (though I'd say it was Grand Tactical)..as I've said many times;)

Itching to see some expansions etc.
jds1978

Post by jds1978 »

I've yet to see anything super broke (ie: the game is unplayable) yet. So far, FPCRS is right up there with IL2 Sturmovik and TOAW in terms of 'getting it right'
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

A few things will be less broke once we get the hotfix out. [;)]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

for me there's 3 levels of wargames / sims etc, from level one type like panzer corps ie Panzer General etc / unity of command, HISTORY Legends of War and some of the Close Combat games i call these easy to play for most casual players, then there's level 2 types like Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm, bit more in depth, still easy to pick up and play for level 1&2 users, but gives a bit more for you to get your teeth in, play wise etc, learning curve and tutorials are the best that any game so far have given (for me anyway) so 5 stars and well deserved best game of the year award fully deserved etc.

for me this level of detail is great, not to in depth and ahrd to play it puts the casual to medium player like myself off, and not arcade like some level 1 type games with next to no re play ability , this game with some good maps and mods/ more missions, dlc's will be great for many years to come.

then there's level 3 games, like Gary Grigsbys War in the East, very hard core and what i'd call a diehard type, you need to read and remember the manual more than anything, not really a game, more of a job to play, bit too hardcore and not the easiest game to get into or master for most unless you spend alot of time losing and re reading, the rewards are good, but the time needed to master is long for most, very hardcore [&o] well is for me anyway, at 47 years old, been playing now since 12/13 on many computers over the years, had some great wargames over that time from ARNHEM & Desert Rats (1985)Theatre Europe (1986)Kampfgruppe, Panzer Strike and Typhoon of Steel, steel panthers,Perfect General, Operation Crusader, War in Russia 1984, etc etc, i could go on, my game collection is vast and spans my life, have played them all to death and loved em all, it's nice to see the younger ones still making and playing them today, hope for many more to come over the next few years.

congrats [:'(]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

We're glad you like the first game of the series. There's more to come! [:D]

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
OnTheContrary

Post by OnTheContrary »

I'm joining the ranks of grateful applauders. Thank you guys, this is an absolutely fabulous game. Looking forward to further content!

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”