Future of game?

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
wodin

Future of game?

Post by wodin »

I really hope this is successful and we get lots of expansions, I'd love to see more units covering all the War on the East aswell as more leaders etc. Oh and more and bigger maps. I'd like to see some real big maps released. The artwork is a joy to see.

Then on to other theaters and other Wars.

First though some East front expansions.

So Mark what are your plans?
Charly G

RE: Future of game?

Post by Charly G »

+1
wesy

Post by wesy »

After just watching "The Pacific" mini-series on HBO - I say bring "Heroes of the Pacific" next :)
"I ran into Isosceles. He had a great idea for a new triangle!"...Woody Allen
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: wesy

After just watching "The Pacific" mini-series on HBO - I say bring "Heroes of the Pacific" next :)

Heroes of the Pacific boardgame is in the works right now! [8D]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Heroes of the Pacific boardgame is in the works right now!
Fantastic news at the moment but in the mean time some new counter of AFV to be emploied for new scenarios in HoS is not possible?
meskary

Post by meskary »

The possibilities are endless!
madDdog67

Post by madDdog67 »

I'm sure it will all depend on sales. I don't know how many units they need to sell before this is judged a "success", and worth the development time needed to produce expansions. I'm sure hoping it gets there! After playing an actual board game scenario the other night, it's amazing how much easier it is on the computer (or Vassal for that matter).
The only problem with a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

I think we all would like this. But first lets work on this one awhile. Welcome to the party, better late than never.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
fran52

Post by fran52 »

The possibilities are endless!
Waiting the Pacific expansion,at the moment for me are enough some new AFV for the Russian front.
laska2k8

Post by laska2k8 »

+1 for Ardennes, Normandy and Italy expansion.

why don't make a poll among us ?
"Sa vida pro sa Patria"
wodin

Post by wodin »

I think the East front should be finished off first..so we have all nationalities and major units from '41 to 45. Moscow then Kursk, then Berlin expansions would be great..with lots of maps..with that sort of unit set players can then create battles like Kharkov or Sevastopol can be made.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Wodin I agree with you also if ,in my opinion,to complete the Eastern front is enough the graphic for some unit.
If the game become moddable by some gamer, in few months we have a lot of scenarios.
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Yes, there are a lot of possibilities. Yes, it will absolutely, completely, and irrevocably, depend on sales.
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
fran52

Post by fran52 »

On the forum we are few but reading the first impression of all ,this game could have a good market.Or is not so at the moment?
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

I would like to see Mark add this before more Eastern Front[;)]

Lock 'n Load: Heroes of the Blitzkrieg [:D]
Lock 'n Load: In Defeat, Defiance
Lock 'n Load: Band of Heroes
Lock 'n Load: Swift and Bold

The board games don't cover all of the Eastern Front yet.
Lock ‘n Load: Not One Step Back and Lock 'n Load: Dark July – The Battles for Prochorovka

I love the Eastern Front, but ETO seems to get overlooked a lot [&:]
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

wodin

Post by wodin »

Mark if sales don't reach expectation..would it be possible for you to give the tools for the players to make them?

@Richie..well I'd rather see say three expansions..even if it was just units and maps so we have all the major units for the East front. Then move onto something else. Vietnam would be cool..this game I feel is suited for Jungle warfare, would love to play heli insertion scenarios..
Harv

Post by Harv »

I'll buy five (ten even?) more copies of HoS if it'll help get the Pacific theatre here sooner. I think in 30 years of tactical wargaming I've really enjoyed one solitaire physical and one computer game set in the Pacific, and that's not nearly enough. Not that there's anything wrong with the ETO, and it's been a profitable and successful theatre for many games, but I've pretty much seen all of it (repeatedly) and would relish a shift to the PTO and the different tactical challenges it might bring.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”