feature request

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

orca

feature request

Post by orca »

ability to keep changes after editing a unit (ie changing mount, weapon, sensor...) by saving unit to file so that it can later be imported

also ability keep changes when clonoing an edited unit
ETF

RE: feature request

Post by ETF »

Nice one........

Where are we with Multiplayer support? Preferrable with coop play if all possible would be really nice.
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: ETF
Where are we with Multiplayer support? Preferrable with coop play if all possible would be really nice.

Thanks to Baloogan's "Joint Command" you can already play MP in PBEM mode: http://baloogancampaign.com/command-plu ... t-command/
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

ORIGINAL: orca

ability to keep changes after editing a unit (ie changing mount, weapon, sensor...) by saving unit to file so that it can later be imported

also ability keep changes when clonoing an edited unit

You can already do this. For details, check the chapter 7 in the manual [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
orca

Post by orca »

Thanks for reply. I read the chapter 7 in the manual but was unclear exactly what I need to do to allow me to save my edited units so I can then import them or clone then and keep the edited properties. I can only figure out how to save the changes in the specific scenario. I created a config file for the scenario in which I made the platform edits but I'm not sure what to do with the config file so I can accomplish this.

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

To do this, set up one unit the way you want.
Next, export a delta template to save the difference between the unit and the database to file.
Then export a template to file. This will generate a file with the GUID for all units in the scen.
Copy-paste the mods from the delta template to the relevant units in the template file.
Lastly, apply the template to the scenario.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
orca

Post by orca »

Thanks for reply. I tried but still can't get it to work. I probably could if I kept working but I'll wait until some type of decicated database editor is hopefully created.

I know a database editor may not be high on the priority list now and understand the potential difficulties it could create for the community. There are other great features that the developers seem to be working on now. The frequent updates/improvements are very impressive and much appreciated. Several of my requests have been fulfilled and I really thank them for that.

But I am really hoping for some type of database editor in the future and I'll patiently, ok not too patiently:) wait until hopefully one is created. I think that one could be crafted in a way that maintains developer control of the "master" database but would allow users to create and save custom units to be "imported" into the databases.
NakedWeasel

Post by NakedWeasel »

It has always been my experience, that when a developer allows the community to contribute to the game's features and variety, everyone wins. Bohemia Interactive's ARMA series is a great example.

I was one of the more prolific DB editors back in the early days of Harpoon II, which is where I made the acquaintance of the ever hard working Ragnar Emsoy, and the late, great Darren Buckley, et al. For me, as a sand box gamer, I love the ability to create "what-if" scenarios. To add my own creations into the game, and test them against other platforms. Lacking the DB editing tool, I cannot completely enjoy the experience quite as much as I did with H2 and H3. It is apparent that this is a conscious (business) decision made by the developers that obviously was made as a strategy of some sort, and they have made simple, unequivocal statements that they will NOT be releasing the tool. Thus, I'll not comment on this issue further. It's their decision, and I bought into their product knowing that was their decision. End of line.

All the above said, I must say that I am very disappointed. I was also disappointed to find out Santa was my parents. C'est la vie.
Though surrounded by a great number of enemies
View them as a single foe
And so fight on!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”