Are there any Bounty Hunter games?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore

Are there any Bounty Hunter games?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I have a hankerin to play Steve McQueen in Dead or Alive. Are there any games out there like this where you play an old west Bounty Hunter?
decaro

RE: Are there any Bounty Hunter games?

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

I have a hankerin to play Steve McQueen in Dead or Alive. Are there any games out there like this where you play an old west Bounty Hunter?

Wasn't that "Wanted: Dead or Alive"?

Don't know of any games, but MeTV -- WZME -- is still running this and other classic Westerns.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

This would make a good subject for a role playing game. You could pick the "bad guy" you were going after, factoring in the reward (bounty) and how tough the guy is going to be to take down. Add a little financial game in there to buy better weapons, faster horse and so forth...

Got potential. Maybe using the "Call of Juarez" game as a starting point.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Good ideas Ronda.

And yeah it is Wanted: Dead or Alive I just condenced it down to Dead or Alive. Anyone alive who knows who Steve McQueen is would know the full name of the show. And yes I watch it every morning on ME tv. Why do you think I came up with the suggestion? [:)] Combat comes on on Saturday mornings, Friday nights with Vic Morrow. Love these old shows they show on ME tv. Wish they would bring back Rat Patrol as I see 12 O'Clock high comes on also.
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

If you want to go console, Red Dead Redemption. I'm sure you could be a bounty hunter in it. I've never played the game, but it seems very open ended and very much "You can basically do what you want" type game.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

Red Dead Redemption does indeed have bounty hunting missions. Usually there's not much to it, you just go to the indicated area on the map and fight a gang and try to capture the boss alive by lassoing him then hauling him to town. Shooting him in the leg tends to make the process easier.

Generally speaking, RDR is the best Wild West thing that's happened in movies or games in a long, long time. Great main character, story, music, gameplay. Pretty much every classic moment from a western film is in the game at some point. Stagecoach chases, train robberies, duels in the street, card games, drinking, cattle drives (and rustlers), rounding up the posse, it's all there.

Return to “General Discussion”