OT - any good book on pre-dreadnought IJN?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Jorge_Stanbury

OT - any good book on pre-dreadnought IJN?

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

I would like to read about the early IJN, I am looking for a book that covers the Sino-Japanese war of 1894-95 or the Russo-Japanese war of 1904-05

Ideally from a Japanese and naval perspective... Thoughts?

I just ordered "Kaigun" from Amazon.. I hope it is good
Terminus

RE: OT - any good book on pre-dreadnought IJN?

Post by Terminus »

It is. Kaigun is the book you need to own for those subjects.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
morejeffs

Post by morejeffs »

Kaigun rocks...Really good in understanding all the facets that went into the kaigun from the Meiji era all the way to the start of WWII.
that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
MikeS4269

Post by MikeS4269 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRso7WWEyiY

I stumbled upon this today by total chance; lots of models and pre-1904 naval action, but possibly (ahem) 'a tad inaccurate' at a few key points.

I do hope to get Kaigun at some point. The last time I saw it for sale, it was pricey and only offered in hardcover. After I clear my backlog, it may be near the top of my next order list.

MikeS
MikeS
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

ORIGINAL: lb4269

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRso7WWEyiY

I stumbled upon this today by total chance; lots of models and pre-1904 naval action, but possibly (ahem) 'a tad inaccurate' at a few key points.

I do hope to get Kaigun at some point. The last time I saw it for sale, it was pricey and only offered in hardcover. After I clear my backlog, it may be near the top of my next order list.

MikeS

We need some serious subtitles here... there are many recent Asian movies out there that I will like to see, but certainly need subtitiles

And I ordered it for $35 ... important to mention it was out of stock.. so I don't have a certaintly on when it will be arriving

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”