Open Beta Patch 1.4.1

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

aesopo

RE: Open Beta Patch 1.4.1

Post by aesopo »

I am in agreement that the German navy needs to take a more active role in harassing Brit transports in the channel by using captured naval ports as an anchor and utilizing the dirigible bomber in combination. With an all out thrust in the west and the Brits being delayed, the CP will have a better chance of rolling up France by 1915. Thus, enabling a decisive pivot towards the east afterwards. It will be bloody and the RN has the upper hand but I still notice that the naval ai attacks navy ships in ports.
rlr
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

NAVAL TIP !

The best ship type to use, when attacking within your enemies green dot area,is the Submarine.The reason for this, is that the Submarine is a stealth weapon,and as such, does not suffer the same losses,that a surface ship would do.So where possible use your Submarines when in enemy green dot areas. [;)]

The naval AI is on the list to improve its strategy for 1.50 patch.[:)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Patch 1.4.2 should be available Wednesday or Thursday watch this space.[;)]
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

Kirk,

I was not aware of any changes to "upkeep", for none were mentioned in the log of changes included with patch 1.4.1., that's why I piped up about the issue.

Regards, Bob.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Cheers![:)]
Make it so!
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

Thanks, Kirk, and all those who worked with you to make this patch happen. [:)]
Richard
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I would like to thank Lord Zimoa & the Software wiz kid, for all his hard work in,getting the 1.4.2 Official patch up and running.[:)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Many thanks, I hope you enjoy the new patch![:)]
Make it so!
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Great stuff! Hope this prevents Britain placing 6 corps units in Egypt before Dec 1914, but none in France, as in my current 1.41 beta game...
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Convoy Protection Tip !

I find the best way for Germany to protect its Baltic Convoy, is always to keep your force concentrated,avoid trying to track the enemy down,let them come to you.[;)]

I prefer using subs to protect CP Baltic convoys, supported by nearby Zeppelins. Russian ships, excluding subs, tend to stay in port, when German subs are in the area. Ideally 6 subs, 1 or 2 zeppelins. When subs are not protecting convoys, they can be used for recon or, enemy sub detection. The Zeppelins can go back to smashing Russian artillery and fighters, for which they are very effective at.

Attachments
ctgw_1393628837.jpg
ctgw_1393628837.jpg (383.07 KiB) Viewed 247 times
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest

Return to “Commander - The Great War”