Commander: The Great War 1.5.2 Official Patch releases!

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

Lord Zimoa

Commander: The Great War 1.5.2 Official Patch releases!

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Hi guys,

The Commander: The Great War 1.5.2 Official Patch is out.

To update your game simply hit "check for update" within the CTGW launcher that starts up the game for an automated download and install.

Or for those who prefer manual download and install, see here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/385 ... .Great.War.

You can check if your game has been updated by afterwards checking the Credits menu, as in the top-corner you will see 1.5.2

Note! Patches are NOT incremental, so you never need any older patches, just download and install the latest patch and you are always fine.

The last official patch was version 1.5.1, if you want to track what changed, check the "View Readme" button at the end of the installer, look in your root folder for the readme text file or check the forum here:

tm.asp?m=3556605

Enjoy the game!
Tophat1815

RE: Commander: The Great War 1.4.2 Official Patch releases!

Post by Tophat1815 »

Downloaded this several times and always came out as corrupted for me. Anyone else having this problem?
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Try the in game-launcher update button for an automated download and update, download here looks fine though, just checked and downloaded a few times, so will be something blocking on your side.

Otherwise contact tech support and they can give you an alternative link.

http://www.matrixgames.com/support/
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Worked fine,ooops...........[:D]
OzHawkeye2

Post by OzHawkeye2 »

The Steam version is not registering any new update available.

Nor does the in-game update find anything when I click on the "Change Configuration" button on the opening splash screen. The Steam version (why oh why did I buy the Steam version) has no "Check for Updates" button.

In fact, I can't see 1.52 in the Matrix games download section either, just 1.51.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Slitherine are preparing the release for all platforms, as soon as they are ready I will post here.
OzHawkeye2

Post by OzHawkeye2 »

Excellent! [:D]

I'd have replied sooner, but I've just finished a 3 hour withdrawl-eradication session of CEAW... hehe.
jwalker

Post by jwalker »

Need some assistance: downloaded cgw 1.52. Ran the patch, got to the very end and it stalled. Same result multiple times. Any ideas to get the patch to run? Btw, even uninstalled game, reinstalled; same result.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”