Armor values

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
genehaynes

Armor values

Post by genehaynes »

Page 82 of the manual states "The three numbers to the left of the vehicle represent the vehicle’s front, flank, and rear armor (listed top to bottom). The number before the slash is the hull armor; the number after the slash is the turret armor.

However the counters have a higher value BEFORE the slash. I thought turret armor was thicker that hull armor. For example the PzIV counter's front armor is 4/3, and the T 34's is 5/4. Is the first numer actually turret armor?
markhwalker

RE: Armor values

Post by markhwalker »

Hi Gene,

Not always. If the number is lower, my research showed that it was thinner. By the way, a shot hits the turret if the to hit die roll is 4 or greater and even... and of course it must be a number that would hit the tank.
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
genehaynes

Post by genehaynes »

Mark,

Thanks for the explaination. I was just used to assuming (we know what assuming can do[:)]) that turret armor was thicker than hull armor.

BTW could you or Tom look into my close assault issue (see my close assault post)?
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

It's on the list, never fear. [:)]

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”