HELP! How to Edit Plotted Course

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Werewolf13

HELP! How to Edit Plotted Course

Post by Werewolf13 »

Once a unit course with waypoints is built how to modify it borders on being a religious mystery.

1) You want to move a waypoint somewhere the manual says to click it and drag. It drags but creates a new one in the place dragged to and the old one is still there where it started. All I want to do is move the darn thing not make a new waypoint.

2) How do you delete an existing waypoint?

3) How do you delete the whole darn plot and make a new one?

This is driving me NUTS! And I can't find the solution in the manual anywhere (if it is in there could someone please provide a page #).
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Rudd

RE: HELP! How to Edit Plotted Course

Post by Rudd »

Esc key while plotting deletes everything iirc
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

Here's what I have discovered so far (not in manual that I can find).

1) To move a waypoint: Left click and hold the waypoint you want to reposition. The HOLD part is critical - don't let up. Hold the left mouse button down for at least 1 second, 2 or even 3 is better (usually) then drag to the new position you want it to be in. This usually works but not always. Sometimes a new waypoint is inserted.

2) As near as I can tell you cannot delete an individual waypoint. Instead you have to right click the waypoint that is before the one you want to delete and then press F3. That deletes the whole plot after the right clicked WP. Again - not in the manual that I can find.

3) To Delete the whole plot select the unit and then rapidly press F3 twice. I believe that is in the manual - I read it somewhere - just can't find it with the PDF search function.

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
spookyer

Post by spookyer »

Yeah, must say I have found editing waypoints a pain. It always wants to add new waypoints instead.
Dannyp19

Post by Dannyp19 »

You can delete a waypoint. Select WP, press delete button on keyboard. Works for me,
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

ORIGINAL: Dannyp19

You can delete a waypoint. Select WP, press delete button on keyboard. Works for me,

Strange. That was the 1st thing I tried. Doesn't work for me.

Michael Andress
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

What version of the game are you running. Should be at the top of your Command window

Thanks!

Mike
AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

ORIGINAL: Werewolf1326
2) As near as I can tell you cannot delete an individual waypoint. Instead you have to right click the waypoint that is before the one you want to delete and then press F3. That deletes the whole plot after the right clicked WP. Again - not in the manual that I can find.
Thanks Werewolf. I hadn't realized it could do that either. This also works as a great way to add more points to the very end of an existing path.
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

What version of the game are you running. Should be at the top of your Command window

Thanks!

Mike

Build 490.

I checked to see if the delete key would work just to make sure. It doesn't. Cannot delete individual waypoints. I even tried dragging a waypoint on to the top of a previous waypoint (Harpoon style) to see if that would work. Still no joy.

Michael Andress
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Delete used to work in some previous versions. Now, I hit delete and the waypoint un-highlights. Click on it again and hit delete and it does delete it. It consistently takes to tries to delete in 490.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

It would be nice if someone in the official know could explain how moving waypoints are supposed to work. Right now, I click on the last waypoint to move it and it instead creates a new waypoint...at least since 1.02.

Is the method earlier in the thread the official way to move the last waypoint?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Sorry to be oblique guys but we are updating this for 1.03 per player's requests. Bear with us.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Okay like Mike said we're re-doing this stuff a bit. I see the 'double waypoints' bug is still in there so that's why when you delete a waypoint nothing seems to happen. You need to delete them twice. Also when you drag a waypoint there is another one underneath it, so need to drag two waypoints instead of just one. Should be fixed in the next public release.

The waypoint functionality is (or at least will be, in the next release) as follows:

1) Select a unit, press F3 to start plotting. When finished, press F3 or Esc.

2) To plot a new course for parts of the path (say, starting at waypoint 3 out of 6), select the unit/group, then click on the waypoint (#3), press F3, and start plotting the new course.

3) To delete a waypoint, select the waypoint and press 'Delete'.

4) To create a new waypoint, hold down the Ctrl button and drag an existing waypoint. A new waypoint will be created when you have moved the mouse button 4 pixles. Make sure to keep the Ctrl and mouse buttons pressed.

You can also now drag-create Ref Points the same way as you drag-create new waypoints btw (I _think_ we added this to B490, if not it's coming in the next public release).

Thanks [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”