BLITZKRIEG MODULE SYSTEM

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

Jonathan Pollard

BLITZKRIEG MODULE SYSTEM

Post by Jonathan Pollard »

My first board wargame was Avalon Hill's Blitzkrieg. When I saw that a Blitzkrieg adaptation was already available in the scenario bank, I decided to use its map to add the minor country armies present in Blitzkrieg Module System by SPI. To add historical flavor I modeled their armies on the historical armies of Poland, Yugoslavia, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania as they existed circa 1939. I also made the armies of Azurnerreich (Blue) and Krasnynarod (Red) to more closely resemble the armies of Germany and the USSR as they existed on Sept. 1 1939.

V 1.0 is already available at the scenario bank for playtesting. Comments, suggestions, and nitpicks are welcome.
Twotribes

RE: BLITZKRIEG MODULE SYSTEM

Post by Twotribes »

There is an error that occurs when you select optional naval units and you can not proceed.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Jonathan Pollard

Sorry about that, I guess I'll have to get rid of the naval units aspect until I can fix it.

EDIT: FOW enabled causes a crash too. So until I can get that fixed you'll need to play without FOW.
Jonathan Pollard

The file at the scenario bank has been replaced with one in which there is no choice for "optional naval units." If you'd really like to play with naval units in addition to the cargoships, you could mod the scenario's researched fields to include warships, and build them using your production capacity. I would edit in a button that does that, except my editing skills are limited (this is my first attempt at a scenario). The original button came from spidey007's Blitzkrieg scenario where I got the map from.

The problem with naval units is their possible effect on the delivery of the oil and raw from the islands, which is perhaps unrealistically crucial because the mainland does not have any oil or raw anywhere at all. Do you think the game would be better if I added raw and oil resources scattered throughout the map so that the majors would not have to depend entirely upon offshore resources? Maybe it might be better to get rid of the resource islands completely?

Jonathan Pollard

The scenario version (1.4) available at the scenario bank now has a functional FOW button. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the naval units option button without causing the FOW button to malfunction, so the naval button is still there, it just won't work. If anyone can figure out how to get rid of the naval button without affecting the FOW button, I would appreciate that.

Also, I noticed that in my previous version some of the Polish forces were composed of German people types. [X(] That bug has been fixed with the latest version.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”