"Almost" Invisible die.

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
genehaynes

"Almost" Invisible die.

Post by genehaynes »

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this. With options set to dispaly each die roll (Die results timer=HOLD, Scroll Results=OFF), one of the die is almost transparent and is very hard to read. The other is bright Red, which is easy to read.

Not a really big deal, just curious. The game is great! More questions likely to follow:)
Barthheart

RE: "Almost" Invisible die.

Post by Barthheart »

One of the dice is black.... Is that what you mean?
Is it hard to see on your screen? Can you see the pips or are they hard to see as well?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
genehaynes

Post by genehaynes »

Reb,

Yes it's the black die. I can barely make out the "pips". Maybe it's the backgound they're overlaid on??
As I said, it's certainaly not a show stopper, just wondering if anyone else saw this as a problem.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Mine looks like this. Is yours similar?

Sheesh. Only a 200 kb upload size available. What is this? 1998?

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (195.36 KiB) Viewed 79 times
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

If it does look different, I can only imagine that the graphics card has decided that black should be transparent for some reason. Do you know what model you have?
genehaynes

Post by genehaynes »

Tom,

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT card. Don't know how to upload a screen shot, but my black die is more transparent than Reb's. I can just barely make out the white dots. I like this method of displaying the die rolls because it's easier to see the modifiers for the attacker and defender. I tried the other option where the dice are displayed at the same time in the lower let box, but I have to scroll back to see what the modifiers were.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”