Leader Movement Bug?

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
mh1066

Leader Movement Bug?

Post by mh1066 »

Has anyone else encountered this: A leader (Koch in the campaign) has his movement reduced to 4 after recovering from "shaken?" He is not or has ever been wounded (not that that would effect it as I understand the rules anyway). Is there a rule that causes this that I don't remember from the manual or is this a bug of some sort? I think this might have happened once before right after I got the game, but may have dismissed it thinking it was intentional.
Tom Proudfoot

RE: Leader Movement Bug?

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Carrying an item also reduces their movement - is he holding something?
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

Maybe he threw a shoe?
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
mh1066

Post by mh1066 »

ORIGINAL: Tom Proudfoot

Carrying an item also reduces their movement - is he holding something?

Oh, that must be it. I checked the table in the back and it didn't reference a penalty of any type for over encumbrance but did find the line in the manual body that mentioned it. An "*" in the table might have been helpful. /wink I didn't really want the stupid SW anyway!
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Yeah, in addition to lowering their MV, it means they can be targeted in melee (since they now have FP), so often it's not really a good idea to give leaders MGs. They should be pointing and screaming to spot that enemy over there, we totally just saw him 2 minutes ago, anyway. [:'(]

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”