Compatibility with 150% text size?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
Grotius

Compatibility with 150% text size?

Post by Grotius »

This is a low-priority thing, but I thought I'd mention it in case you didn't know about it. I normally run my Windows desktop at 2560 x 1600, but I also set my display settings to make fonts and other on-screen items 150% larger. If I run LnL on those settings, the game's UI is oversized, and I can't really play. The workaround is just to set my desktop fonts/icons to 100% size; that works fine, but it does require me to log off and log back onto Windows, which is a minor irritation.

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention this to see if an easy fix is possible. If not, no big deal -- I wouldn't waste big dev resources on a thing that may affect only me.
Tom Proudfoot

RE: Compatibility with 150% text size?

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

This should be fixed in the 1.04 patch here: tm.asp?m=3546087

If not, let us know. Though I now see it's not actually on the change list, not sure why it got left off. But 1.03+ should have this fix.
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

Thanks for your reply. I just updated to the latest version, and I'm still having the problem. The UI is 150% too large, I think. The opening splash screen is offset to the right and doesn't fit on my screen. I can choose to load a game, but I can't get any further than that, because I can't see any buttons. Again, it's easy to work around by changing my UI size to 100% and relogging, but it would be nice not to have to do this.
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Does it look smaller than it did before at all? Also, are you windows 8?
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

I'm using Windows 7. I don't think the UI looks any smaller, but I'm not entirely sure.

Again, it's a low-priority thing, so I'll understand if you decide not to pour lots of time into it. No one else seems to be concerned about it. :)

Great game, by the way. Wonderful UI. I think we wargamers sometimes underestimate how hard it must be to create a computer game with the look and feel of a boardgame.

Return to “Tech Support”