Rain pours down in UK.

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Orm

Rain pours down in UK.

Post by Orm »

I am getting concerned with all the rain and flooding in UK. I understand that it rained even more tonight and that there was a couple of deaths as well.

I wish that there was something I could do to help.

I do hope and pray that the rain will stop and wind will stop so that the water levels could go back to normal.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
warspite1

RE: Rain pours down in UK.

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm

I am getting concerned with all the rain and flooding in UK. I understand that it rained even more tonight and that there was a couple of deaths as well.

I wish that there was something I could do to help.

I do hope and pray that the rain will stop and wind will stop so that the water levels could go back to normal.
warspite1

Actually Orm there is. Do you know anyone that can build an Arc? We are going to need it v. soon. But its not just the rain, the wind was horrible last night too.

Some of the pictures are just amazing - the height and strength of waves crashing over, into and through sea defences. At Dawlish part of the sea wall was destroyed - taking the railway track with it.

The river Thames has broken its banks all over the place and the county of Somerset looks more like Finland at the moment.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
wings7

Post by wings7 »

My prayers are with you all, our British Brethren! Praying for the weather to improve in the UK. Here in California we are dry as a bone.

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
wodin

Post by wodin »

Was caught in the storm on Wednesday. Lost abit of my roof.

My Dad also drove of a 70foot cliff at Dawlish not lats Sunday the Sunday before. Very lucky. Was thrown into the back of the car and was just very badly knocked about.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Man-airlifted-car-plunges-70-feet-Dawlish-Warren/story-20545667-detail/story.html

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Dawlish-cliff-plunge-couple-thank-hero-rescuers/story-20575928-detail/story.html
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: warspite1
Do you know anyone that can build an Arc?

I suppose any mathematician could help you with that. An Ark, on the other hand...[:-]
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: wodin

My Dad also drove of a 70foot cliff at Dawlish not lats Sunday the Sunday before. Very lucky. Was thrown into the back of the car and was just very badly knocked about.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Man-airlifted-car-plunges-70-feet-Dawlish-Warren/story-20545667-detail/story.html

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Dawlish-cliff-plunge-couple-thank-hero-rescuers/story-20575928-detail/story.html
I am glad that your dad survived such a bad fall.

Do take care of your family and I hope that you get some help with your dad and the roof.

Please keep us updated if you can.

Edit: Thank you for the links.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Sorry about your dad, mate. Glad he survived.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Wow - lucky escape there wodin [X(] Glad they are okay [:)]

Orm

Post by Orm »

So has the rain stopped for now and the water levels go down or is it getting worse?

----

How is the house damage Wodin?
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

So has the rain stopped for now and the water levels go down or is it getting worse?

----

warspite1

Apparently the rain and wind should calm down for a few days, but the floods won't stop rising because of the ground water. It seems incredible but despite the fact that it has rained for about 2 years now, they say we are one dry winter and one dry summer from another drought..... go figure.

sprior

Post by sprior »

Bloody hell! Glad he seems to be okay though.

We've had some interesting times here with the Environment Agency issuing flood warning like they're going out of fashion.

Here's the band stand by the seafront, a wave hitting the seawall and the dog sniffinf in the shingle washed up on the promenade.

Attachments
018800.jpg
018800.jpg (36.36 KiB) Viewed 279 times
011800.jpg
011800.jpg (32.69 KiB) Viewed 279 times
008small.jpg
008small.jpg (38.52 KiB) Viewed 279 times
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

wodin

Post by wodin »

Luckily not an issue with floods up here in Liverpool. Just the wind last Wednesday.

Some Mormons over from the States are helping with the roof. Unfortunately a pipe up there must have been cracked and it burst!. Water rushed down into my daughters room causing damage..worse ruining her PC as the plugs where in and the thing on stand by... frazzled!! A pain as she needs it for school..she will have to use mine for abit until I save for a new one.

----

Kineas

Post by Kineas »

It's called climate change. We should do something about it.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Kineas

warspite1

Nothing we can do about it - its what the earth has done since the dawn of time.

Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Indeed, we should throttle the Sun, move the orbits of the planets around and change the magnetoshpere of the Earth. That should fix it !
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Orm

Post by Orm »

warspite1

Nothing we can do about it - its what the earth has done since the dawn of time.
*censored*
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

*censored*
warspite1

Did you say boobs?

PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

warspite1

Let's not go here guys. It will just lead to locking.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Orm

Post by Orm »

warspite1

*censored*
warspite1

Did you say boobs?
Boobs? Where?

Fnarr, fnarr! I just said boobs!
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Very true. Changes to the Climate have been causing extinction events on the Earth since there was live to make extinct. But we are the changers of the climate. So in effect causing our own extinction. I could live with a Asteroid (Or Not) or a Volcano/Caldera or a Solar Burst. But to be the perpetrators of our own demise because we are to stupid or apathetic to anything about it. It leaves you thinking perhaps we are to stupid to live so no loss.

The largest ELE recorded was caused by a Asteroid not the Earth at all.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Return to “General Discussion”