Which upgrade(s): for (1) Fast Play & (2) No 1945 End

Commander – Europe at War Gold is the first in a series of high level turn based strategy games. The first game spans WW2, allowing players to control the axis or allied forces through the entire war in the European Theatre.
shilton2437

Which upgrade(s): for (1) Fast Play & (2) No 1945 End

Post by shilton2437 »

I just loaded up an early version of CEAW purchased many years ago from Matrix Games that had been sitting untouched on my shelf for years. Not sure why I never got into it before, but I was inspired to give it a go by how much I like Commander: the Great War.

Anyway, I was able to successfully upgrade it to v1.12 with a link provided on the Matrix website, and then even to something called Grand Strategy v3.0, and it's been fun with a good balance between complexity and playability. However, there were two things I really did not like about v3.0. First, I was not able to find the Fast Play option, which I really liked about v1.12, although I wouldn't always want to use it. And second, I don't seem to be able to play the game beyond 1945, an option I really like regardless of how ahistorical and weird the game could become (that's part of the charm of this option in Commander The Great War).

So, I am wondering, what is the highest version of CEAW that would allow me to (1) play in Fast Play mode, and (2) allow me play beyond 1945 indefinitely? And where is this version, or versions in case the answer is not the same for both options, available for download?

Who better to ask than the Matrix Games Forum community. Thanks.
strand

Return to “Commander - Europe at War Gold”