Disruption penalty applied to attacker for overstacking?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

SqzMyLemon

Disruption penalty applied to attacker for overstacking?

Post by SqzMyLemon »

I'm playing a Dababes Lite 'B' with stacking limits PBEM with beta version 1.7.1123r and ran across what appears to be a disruption penalty applied to the attacker in an overstacked hex. My understanding is that overstacking a hex results in increased supply usage with no adverse effects on combat, is this correct? I've attached a save file of the turn before a deliberate attack in the hex directly east of Kunming where it seems the Japanese force was hit with a disruption penalty before the assault phase despite being fully supplied and little to no disruption or fatigue. Is this working as designed, not working as designed or just a bad die roll?

Pax Mondo suggested I post this and if you could take a look michael that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments
wpae199.zip
(2.98 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)
JocMeister

RE: Disruption penalty applied to attacker for overstacking?

Post by JocMeister »

Hey Joseph,

Shouldn´t this be in the MOD section? I don´t think michealm has anything to do with Stacking Limits.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Hey Joseph,

Shouldn´t this be in the MOD section? I don´t think michealm has anything to do with Stacking Limits.
His question is definitely about the game code.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: witpqs
ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Hey Joseph,

His question is definitely about the game code.

EDIT: Perhaps you are right. But it couldn´t hurt to let the SL guys in the MOD section take a look as well.
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: SqzMyLemon
My understanding is that overstacking a hex results in increased supply usage with no adverse effects on combat, is this correct?
There are penalties to both fatigue and disruption, as well as increased supply usage. The amount of the fatigue and/or disruption is variable, depending on a die roll. See Manual, section 8.9. Hex stacking limits work just like island and atoll stacking limits.
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
SqzMyLemon

Post by SqzMyLemon »

ORIGINAL: Symon

There are penalties to both fatigue and disruption, as well as increased supply usage. The amount of the fatigue and/or disruption is variable, depending on a die roll. See Manual, section 8.9. Hex stacking limits work just like island and atoll stacking limits.

Hi John,

I tried to PM/e-mail you with a follow up question, but it appears I'm not allowed to or that particular feature is turned off. Would you be willing to clarify a few things? Pax Mondo (Tony) suggested I try and contact you, he's been following my AAR and had some questions about what happened during a particular combat report following an overstacked attack. It's not the results that are in question, but rather the processes during the particular phases that led to the results that we don't understand. Would you be willing to take a closer look? Tony thought you might find this particular example interesting and would provide some feedback on how stacking limits are working.

Any help would be appreciated and I can provide much more detailed information if needed, or you could take a look at the save file posted above to see it first hand. Thanks.

Joseph

Symon

Post by Symon »

Answered privately, with copy to michaelm. It's WAD.
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
SqzMyLemon

Post by SqzMyLemon »

I was reminded by Symon today of an important lesson. Don't shit where you eat.

Return to “Tech Support”