Axis Minors - what nation HQ's to use

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

chuckbbq

Axis Minors - what nation HQ's to use

Post by chuckbbq »

This has probably been brought up before, but would it be better to attach Axis minor units to their own Corps HQ, or to German Corps HQ? Do Axis minors suffer a penalty if under a german HQ? I noticed they use German support if attached to german hq and can be used in conjunction with german infantry divisions under the same HQ without penalty (possibly). Also, it seems they would perform better under German Corps commanders, seeing as how most Axis minor leaders are junk.
Gabriel B.

RE: Axis Minors - what nation HQ's to use

Post by Gabriel B. »

There is no penalty for being atached to german corps HQ.

however you could asign a minor axis corps to a german army , good army leaders
have a 32 % chance to make up for the failed initiative and admin rating of corps comanders.
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

Is it really worth it to attach Axis minors to German HQ? I am reluctant to do this because the German HQs are already overloaded in many cases.  For that matter, do players put German divisions under their allies' command?  I normally avoid this at pretty much all costs.
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

ORIGINAL: jwolf

Is it really worth it to attach Axis minors to German HQ? I am reluctant to do this because the German HQs are already overloaded in many cases.  For that matter, do players put German divisions under their allies' command?  I normally avoid this at pretty much all costs.

Germany starts with 41 corps HQ , total command capacity ; 328 points

not counting security and airbases the germans start with : 125 divisions + lehr bde and GD regiment : 252 command points

76 command points are free : 38 division equivalents .

German reinforcements also come with their own corps ( LI, XXXX, XXVII) so at least 12 of the divisions comming until november, are covered by those.

so it not a matter of command capacity in 1941 but distribution.

The german army needs quality in 1942 not quantity, weak division would bring nothing during ofensive operations, a 5 cv jagger division would better serve the hungarians than
just suck up support squads from the german corps/army TOE.

chuckbbq

Post by chuckbbq »

What's the penalty for overloading army HQ's? I assume it would work well to attach an axis minor corps HQ to a German Army, but it would certainly overload them.
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

If the initiative and admin check had failed at corps level , the next leader up the chain does a check with 20 as a base .
for corps it is 10, so even a 5 skill leader has a 50% chance to make it .

let take a practical example .1942-1945 cmp

17th army leader : ROUF , ADMIN skill 7, overloaded 2 points.
combat unit involved : 3rd italian celere division 6 hexes from army hQ.

Without overloading : 20+0+(6/2) = 23. 7*100/23= 30.4 % chance to make the check .
with two points overload: 20+2+(6/2)=25. 7*100/25= 28 % chance to make the check .

Wheat

Post by Wheat »

I also do the reverse, where I use Axis Minor HQ with German troops to prevent overloaded German HQ's later in the war when the German army grows but the command capacity does not. Many of the minor allies have LOTS of support units in their HQ's and those are useful in combat.

Return to “The War Room”