Rumanian TOE upgrade - Obsolete Rifle squads?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

chuckbbq

Rumanian TOE upgrade - Obsolete Rifle squads?

Post by chuckbbq »

It's currently April 1942 and my rumanian infantry divisions are upgrading to '42 TOE. Problem is, I have a tremendous amount of obsolete infantry squads in my pool. After the blizzard, the divisions are at 30,40,50% TOE, and don't see any replacements because there aren't any new rifle squads in the pool, but again, plenty of obsolete. Will these rifle squads upgrade? or revert to manpower? What happens to them?

Attachments
riflesquads.jpg
riflesquads.jpg (171.78 KiB) Viewed 14 times
Gabriel B.

RE: Rumanian TOE upgrade - Obsolete Rifle squads?

Post by Gabriel B. »

They get distributed to units that do not upgrade :

Security divisions, fortification brigades, machinegun battalions .

Also there is a chance that units that do upgrade ,would not swap their rifle squads , not sure if that was not fixed thou.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Equipment sent to pool will set free the associated manpower.
The old rifle squads will be scrapped after one year, most units should have upgraded by then.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

The rifle squads due convert just that they do it very slowly.

you can press the figure 45 next to new rifle squads and see how many squads have converted already .

in my last game it was at a rate of 1000/month .

darbycmcd

Post by darbycmcd »

It's a problem that hopefully will be better with the next patch. As long as there are some units that need an obsolete element, they take a year to start scrapping. try to make sure everyone upgrades if possible. When there is no demand they start scrapping I believe. it is a pain in the nether-regions, but it is worse for the Soviets with the summer rifle squad upgrade!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”