Can't use skill card

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
midgard30

Can't use skill card

Post by midgard30 »

Not sure if it's a rule game or bug, but I can't use that skill card on the rally phase. On picture 1, the skill card button is not active, picture 2 shows the skill card.
Attachments
Skillcard.zip
(269.77 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Tom Proudfoot

RE: Can't use skill card

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

If you have two heroes already (I can't see if you do) then Inspirational can't be used.
midgard30

Post by midgard30 »

No, I have only one hero in all my units (only the Russian AI got one).
ORIGINAL: Tom Proudfoot

If you have two heroes already (I can't see if you do) then Inspirational can't be used.

In the same hex or for all units?
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

The limit is two heroes out on the board per... type of counter background? I'm not sure how to refer to it. Branch? Two gold Soviet heroes, two red guards heroes, two orange partisan heroes, etc. So it's two if everyone on your side is the same, but more if you are mixed up.

I looked it up and Inspirational fires off automatically whenever it can, it doesn't use the button. So either there's a hero hiding in a stack somewhere or it's a bug with counting them up (the card also requires a MMC in the same hex, but I see you have that). Do you have a save from turn 4 or 5? Thanks.

midgard30

Post by midgard30 »

ORIGINAL: Tom Proudfoot

The limit is two heroes out on the board per... type of counter background? I'm not sure how to refer to it. Branch? Two gold Soviet heroes, two red guards heroes, two orange partisan heroes, etc. So it's two if everyone on your side is the same, but more if you are mixed up.

It's clear, thanks.
I looked it up and Inspirational fires off automatically whenever it can, it doesn't use the button. So either there's a hero hiding in a stack somewhere or it's a bug with counting them up (the card also requires a MMC in the same hex, but I see you have that). Do you have a save from turn 4 or 5? Thanks.

So, I triple checked, and I have only one hero. I'm sending you two saved games (turns 2 and 4). I don't remember if the hero was generated in turn 1 or 2, but at turn 3 and 4, no hero was triggered. Hero and MMC stayed in the same hex all the time.

Attachments
Minima.zip
(16.41 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Thanks - options aren't saved in the save game, are you playing with Auto Rally on or off?
midgard30

Post by midgard30 »

Hi Tom,

First, I play with auto rally off (since a unit took a weapon that I didn't want!).
Second, in turn 6 a second hero was generated. In turn 5, I moved the first hero with the MMC from C3 to D2. It seems to have triggered the card. But I guess it should have triggered on a previous rally phase or is there some kind of randomness in the process?

Return to “Tech Support”