High-speed mineclearing with MH-53E

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AndrewJ

High-speed mineclearing with MH-53E

Post by AndrewJ »

Hello,

A minor item here, in case nobody's posted it yet.

I noticed that in some cases (B490) the MH-53E will do mineclearing missions at its full cruise speed of 150 kts.

The minesweeper is actually functioning at these speeds, as can be seen by the loss of mines (and helicopters).
While this is nice and efficient from a time perspective, I suspect they should actually be going a lot slower. In some cases the helicopters will slow down to about 35 knots to do these mineclearing missions, which seems more plausible. Is there a 'sweeping speed' setting which is somehow being skipped in these cases?

(I also noticed that in some cases MH-53Es which were mineclearing at low speed will RTB at the same low speed, instead of picking up to a more sensible cruise speed.)
Attachments
Mineclearingtest.zip
(59.98 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
mikmykWS

RE: High-speed mineclearing with MH-53E

Post by mikmykWS »

Ok will add this as an item to look at. We're looking at minehunting now.

Thanks!

Mike
Zathras1

Post by Zathras1 »

Andrew,

You have manual override set for speed and altitude. Deselect them so they go to "auto" and you will see your speed decrease to 30kts.
Altitude will remain at 249 ft.

Have fun! [:)]
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Oh I'd say he knows that. Andy isn't taking us for a ride. Right?

Mike
AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

Yes, what prompted this was a case where I had been traveling on a manually commanded course and speed to avoid a threat, and then when the threat went away I used the assign mission function to send the helicopter back on its minesweeping mission. When I looked back later I was startled to find its sweep was functioning despite the very high speed.

Return to “Tech Support”