Needing some help

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
Steelwhip

Needing some help

Post by Steelwhip »

Great game. I really do love it. But Im having a bit of an issue with the 3rd scenario of the German campaign. Yeah-the human wave scenario

Ive run this about 10 times and cant seem to beat it. Tried several different approaches and each one has failed horribly. Anyone got any suggestions or hints for it?
Capitaine

RE: Needing some help

Post by Capitaine »

I failed on my first try, but won on my second. My second wasn't even close to a loss. One thing I think you have to do is not fire at single moving units (unless you have to) and hold your fire to the end of the turn where you'll either get shots at stacked moving troops, or can pull back your units without loss. Don't forget that you get a benefit, too, for firing at adjacent units. I also didn't fire stacked squads together, but used them in separate fires to maximize my attacks. Use the "slayer" hero early on though in order to establish the fire zone affecting subsequent units moving through. Use your artillery fire when and where you can affect a great number of enemy squads, and hopefully leaders as well.

I really think patience in firing is key, unless a really beautiful target presents itself. Hope that helps.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

That's good advice.

I talked a bit about this above in the War Room... tm.asp?m=3547396
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Vance... you are awesome. Thanks! That is good advice in your other post.
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
Steelwhip

Post by Steelwhip »

finally managed to get past it. Big mistake I was making was pulling my troops back before all the soviets had finished their turns so I was getting cut apart by their Op Fire. thanks for the advise all!
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

welcome. I'm glad you could make it.
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”