Game Version Mismatch

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
Barthheart

Game Version Mismatch

Post by Barthheart »

Hey Tom,

I can no longer connect in MP.... again.... [:'(]

I've downloaded my commercial version of the game. I've installed the 1.02 beta update.

When I log into the MP lobby, most of the time I don't see anyone, even if I know someone is there.
Other time I can see others but they can't see me. If I click on their name I get the message "Game Version Mismatch".
If I click on my own name I get the state statement...?

Any ideas?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Tom Proudfoot

RE: Game Version Mismatch

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

Sorry, which statement is this?
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: Tom Proudfoot
ORIGINAL: Barthheart

Sorry, which statement is this?

Sorry, bad typing. If I click on my own name I get the same "Game version mismatch" message.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Radagy

Post by Radagy »

Same to me
edfors

Post by edfors »

When I log into the MP lobby, most of the time I don't see anyone, even if I know someone is there.
Other time I can see others but they can't see me. If I click on their name I get the message "Game Version Mismatch".
If I click on my own name I get "Game Version Mismatch" ?

I have the exact same problem , tested with both version 1.01 , 1.05 and 1.06 beta. Also tried with the fire-wall disabled ( norton 360 ) but the same result.

Have reinstalled the game twice but the same result, anybody have a solution ?
toddtreadway

Post by toddtreadway »

Same problem here.

Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

I have a potential fix for this now - this required a bit of research on the server end - and we're going to test it and so forth, but hopefully next version will fix this. Thanks.

edfors

Post by edfors »

An update, I could login to the multiplayer with my user name in lower case but then I got the "Game Version Mismatch". Then I tried to login with the first letter capital and the "Game Version Mismatch" disappeared and I could start to setup a multiplayer scenario ( still couldnt see anyone though ).

The reason I tried this is that with "Flashpoint Command - Red Storm" I couldnt even login with lower cases so had to login with my name case-sensitive.

Something that you should look into.

(E)dfors -> prevoius (e)dfors
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: edfors

An update, I could login to the multiplayer with my user name in lower case but then I got the "Game Version Mismatch". Then I tried to login with the first letter capital and the "Game Version Mismatch" disappeared and I could start to setup a multiplayer scenario ( still couldnt see anyone though ).

The reason I tried this is that with "Flashpoint Command - Red Storm" I couldnt even login with lower cases so had to login with my name case-sensitive.

Something that you should look into.

(E)dfors -> prevoius (e)dfors

You, sir, are a fricken genius! [&o] This is exactly what the problem was indeed.

Matrix/Slitherine/Tom: even though we seemed to be able to log in we could not connect because the server was seeing our log in names as invalid.
The guy I played tonight had the same problem. As soon as he changed his first character to the correct case we could play no problem.

Thanks again Edfors! [&o][&o]
sonofdavros

Post by sonofdavros »

Hi, I'm experiencing this problem also, and I can't fix it. I change my user name to start with upper case, but when I get into the lobby, it must sync up my serial number with my forum ID (which is lower case), and it changes it to lower case.

Any idea what I can do? I even created a new forum ID, but that didn't work because the serial number was matched to my old ID.
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

I think it is the Slitherine account that must match, not the forum ID (unless they happen to be the same). For example, my forum ID is Tom Proudfoot, but my game login and slitherine login are both proudft. But if I type Proudft into HoS, then problems would ensue.
sonofdavros

Post by sonofdavros »

Thanks for the reply Tom. I'm still trying to get my head around this issue. To clarify, is the fact that my login starts with a lower case letter causing the Game Version Mismatch?
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

No, lower case should be fine if that's what your Slitherine account name is.
sonofdavros

Post by sonofdavros »

Thanks Tom. I will try again and let you know.
sonofdavros

Post by sonofdavros »

Well, strangely, it is now working - despite me doing nothing different. Oh well, I'm happy. [:)]
rmmwilg

Post by rmmwilg »

Six years later and facing the same problem. All the fixes above attempted to no avail.

Also, I could see him, but he was never able to see me in the lobby.

Return to “Tech Support”