Final Countdown Scenario

Post here to discuss scenario and database editing as well as any other mods to Harpoon 3 ANW.

Moderator: Harpoon 3

TimOusley

Final Countdown Scenario

Post by TimOusley »

My grandson is a THIRD GENERATION Harpoon gamer (cool, huh?). We watched the move Final Countdown the other night, and he challenged me to model the attack scenario that nearly took place in the movie, in H3. So game on.
Since there is a decent WW2 DB made for ANW (H3 v. 7.1), I figure the best way would be to copy/paste the appropriate IJN ships from this DB into a modern 7.1 DB, or maybe better yet, the Nimitz & aircraft into the WW2 DB. But from what I can see--including in the ANW wiki--it looks like the 7.1 DB files are not editable. Even the Reimer Editor seems to be balking, and I even tried the old MS Access 2002. I also have Open Office and MS Works DB apps, but they seem worthless as always. Maybe I'm mis-matching the RE and Access versions?
Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe H3UE, but I'd sure like to at least see the WW2 DB--I don't mind data entry but I'd really rather not have to re-create the IJN task force from scratch.
I'm gonna cross-post this in HarpGamer as well.
Thanks in advance,
Tim Ousley
.Sirius

RE: Final Countdown Scenario

Post by .Sirius »

a
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”