more CCE EXE crashes....Steve?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
STIENER

more CCE EXE crashes....Steve?

Post by STIENER »

Steve
RD Knights and i have been playing a LSA GC for awhile now. were on day 18 @ 1800. im german and hosting, he's allied. at blankenburg bridge he has the 504/82 fighting the remains of the german BO bridge defence BG. last turn he took control of the bridge but the germans still hold a VL.
this turn as we try to go from the strat to the battle, the game crashes with the CCE EXE error. usually this error isnt a problem.[ it crops up every once in awhile in LSA it seems ] you reload the game and the battle usaully loads and away you go.
this time how ever we keep getting the CCE EXE crash and cant continue with our GC. it doesnt matter if he hosts or i do...it crashs when we go from the strat to the battle.
IE: strat map..we hit next...and the game crashs.
im attaching the game file.

any chance you can have a look and see whats going on here...it could be an issue others are having??

thanks......
Steiner and Knights
Attachments
svsnites36.zip
(145.42 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
SteveMcClaire

RE: more CCE EXE crashes....Steve?

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Sure, I will when I have a moment. Please ping me if you haven't heard back by the end of the week.

Does the error occur if you try and play the same file single player?

Steve
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

Hi Steve...thanks.
yes it does CCE EXE crash in single player.
RD_Knights_X

Post by RD_Knights_X »

Steve,

Any chance you've been able to examine the game file to see the source of the error?
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Was playing LSA (v5.60.53) with the GJS mod single player today and had 2 crashes when the computer AI (Allied) morale broke....
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Bump
WHATEVERDUDELEMMEINALREADY

Post by WHATEVERDUDELEMMEINALREADY »

Frequent crashes due to startup videos...can't get the introductory video for the game at all (the one that plays after the corporate logo animations), and now half the time campaign videos also cause crashes back to Windows (7 Pro) -- please advise!!
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Please disable the videos from the options menu:

1. Double click on the game desktop icon
2. Click on "Play Close Combat" whilst the same time holding down the “Ctrl” key
3. A Windows box containing the Close Combat options will popup. Press the “General” tab.
4. Under "Media Options" please tick off "Enable Videos (Crtl+V)".
5. Press OK to save your configuration and run the game
WHATEVERDUDELEMMEINALREADY

Post by WHATEVERDUDELEMMEINALREADY »

Sorry, I guess I should've been more detailed: I'm not looking to disable the videos -- I do think they add greatly to the atmosphere and overall vibe of the game (wish your "Gateway to Caen" had some; it ain't hard to cobble together such things but they bring tremendous UX payoffs!) -- I just want the game to stop crashing.

FWIW, I *am* able to play the game by constantly restarting when kicked back out to Windows...eventually the video (that is, the campaign video -- the introductory one just can't ever get going past two seconds) will play just fine (or I can skip it altogether by madly clicking through past it) plays just fine (!) and I go on to continue my saved campaign game....

Thanks for your time and help.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

If the videos are crashing your system, it is likely some sort of video codec problem. The simple solution is to disable the videos, as VPaulus suggested.

If you want to try troubleshooting the videos, try playing them outside the game using your Windows Media Player and see if there are any problems there.

You might also try re-installing DirectX on the machine.

Steve

Return to “Tech Support”