So now two months after iPad release....

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

rodney727

So now two months after iPad release....

Post by rodney727 »

How long must we wait? Tell us right now that the advanced difficulties will or will not be included in the patch. Tell us the higher difficulties will or will not be included in the next patch. People should know that if you spend $80 for the iPad version you are not getting the same game in which if you had a PC and spent $80 for. Time to man up.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
PipFromSlitherine

RE: So now two months after iPad release....

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

We appreciate it has been a long time coming, and apologise for the delay. The higher level difficulty fixes are definitely planned to be in the patch.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Thank you!!
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Any word on the patch? Can you please give us any kind of semi guess at a somewhat general timeframe for a possibly maybe calendar date when we might expect a patch?
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Any word from Slitherine, please? Is the iPad version going to get some love any time soon?
Crender

Post by Crender »

Lordz are now involved in a series of ipad East Front games with Hunted Cow. Maybe the PC patch is on the back burner?
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Lordz are now involved in a series of ipad East Front games with Hunted Cow. Maybe the PC patch is on the back burner?

Has nothing to do with it, total different teams involved... Tank Battle: East Front btw is finished and just released on iTunes.

Main thing is getting the Steam version of Panzer Corps out of the way and that practically is finished and in approval with Steam, iPad patch is being worked on.

We don't want to give an exact date as we still have to deal with Apple approval once it is finished and that can differ from 1-7 working days alone.

The PzC iPad patch is coming boys, a promise and not too long now.

That Panzer Corps got Steam greenlit was unexpected and just in the middle of the iPad release, so we are fighting a double front war at the moment, but winning on both.

Our apologies for the delay, but again it is coming.

We try to keep you informed as much as possible and as fast as we can.

Crender

Post by Crender »

Thanks for responding. It's good to know the patch is coming.....I can wait. Also good news that TB EF is already available.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

So iPad patch soon now that steam version is released???????
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Wow. So vague. You would think fixing a released product so it works completely would take precedence, or at least be equally important, as getting a new platform out.

I guess not. Pretty disappointing.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I am starting to feel the same way. Massive disappointment .
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

Man, I thought the WIF forum was rough.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Ahhhh rough just the way your mother likes it![:D] sorry couldn't resist the SNL moment .
ORIGINAL: Dorb

Man, I thought the WIF forum was rough.
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

The key thing is that the Steam release was already in motion to some extent. As Iain has said, we aimed too big with the iOS patch scope and that meant we were not able to get the simpler quality-of-life updates out quickly. With a small team things can have knockon effects which are hard to both predict and absorb.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The vast majority of the Steam work was for our production office. Alex did have to do some work but it was almost entirely product pages, installers etc so it has not significantly impacted the iPad version.

I understand your frustration and we desperately want this out the way too. We have been expecting to be ready to submit every day for the last 2 weeks but it just has not been completed. We're pushing as hard as we can to get this done and I really hope we can get an update in to Apple before the end of the week.

I apologize for the delay but the key issue was we tried to do too much.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

I appreciate the comments, Iain.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Thank you!
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Hoopla!!

Return to “Panzer Corps”