An appropriate Klingon text file

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Antarian

An appropriate Klingon text file

Post by Antarian »

Hats off to the fellow who put together the Legends Star Trek TOS mod, other than the speech files, the Klingons sounded like surfers!

Anyway, I've put together a more appropriate text file worthy of a true Klingon warrior.
Attachments
klingon.txt
(3.49 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
"If there are gods, they do not care, and justice always goes to the strong. But remember this: All that is done before the naked stars is remembered" Klingon proverb.
Igard

RE: An appropriate Klingon text file

Post by Igard »

This is great! The Klingon dialogue for the Kirk era is the same as I wrote for the Picard era, so it doesn't quite fit the era. It's something I planned on changing, but you've saved me the bother. That's if you're alright with me adding this to the mod?

Not sure where you get surfers from though....
Antarian

Post by Antarian »

Certainly, you may use it.

I just tried to find the original I was talking about, but can't find it now. Strange! It was the most bizarre dialog file I had ever seen.

"If there are gods, they do not care, and justice always goes to the strong. But remember this: All that is done before the naked stars is remembered" Klingon proverb.
Igard

Post by Igard »

Thanks Antarian! I try to add a little bit of humour into the dialogue, so maybe it didn't come off right. I'm imagining a Klingon talking like a teenage mutant ninja turtle now! [:D]
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: Igard

Thanks Antarian! I try to add a little bit of humour into the dialogue, so maybe it didn't come off right. I'm imagining a Klingon talking like a teenage mutant ninja turtle now! [:D]

Humor is a good thing though. However my feeble attempt didn't work out so well...while it was funny getting messages from the bugs where they click, screech and buzz at you, it was rather difficult to figure out just what they wanted. (I made the file and forgot what each line of dialog was for...LOL).

Ah well, the joys of trial and error....in my case mostly error. [:'(]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Igard

Post by Igard »

ORIGINAL: Shark7

ORIGINAL: Igard

Humor is a good thing though. However my feeble attempt didn't work out so well...while it was funny getting messages from the bugs where they click, screech and buzz at you, it was rather difficult to figure out just what they wanted. (I made the file and forgot what each line of dialog was for...LOL).

Ah well, the joys of trial and error....in my case mostly error. [:'(]

I had that issue when I wrote dialogue for the Tamarians, the race that speaks only in metaphors. I had to put a translation below some of the more complicated messages. However, it's pretty nice when you can use the music to tell whether the message is positive or negative, assuming we all play with the music turned up!

Return to “Design and Modding”