Requested Mods

Post new mods and scenarios here.
76mm

Requested Mods

Post by 76mm »

I picked up this game and so far like it better than CoH. But two little things make it harder for me to enjoy the game, and I'm hoping that some of you modders out there can take care of them:

1) the orange Sov counters...I know, I know, they'd not orange, they're khaki/tan something, but they are ORANGE. I'm hoping someone comes out with a mustard/khaki mod, or even red--just not orange. [EDIT] I've started a second scenario and the Sov counters are a more normal color--I played the ambush scenario first and the partisans are Orange...]

2) I HATE the cheesy voices/phrases during the rally phase ("how about a sip of vodka?", etc.) I would much prefer silence to this stuff, but I can't figure out how to turn those off without turning off all sound, but I'm guess it possible to mod the file?
Assaultgdw

RE: Requested Mods

Post by Assaultgdw »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

I picked up this game and so far like it better than CoH. But two little things make it harder for me to enjoy the game, and I'm hoping that some of you modders out there can take care of them:

1) the orange Sov counters...I know, I know, they'd not orange, they're khaki/tan something, but they are ORANGE. I'm hoping someone comes out with a mustard/khaki mod, or even red--just not orange. [EDIT] I've started a second scenario and the Sov counters are a more normal color--I played the ambush scenario first and the partisans are Orange...]

2) I HATE the cheesy voices/phrases during the rally phase ("how about a sip of vodka?", etc.) I would much prefer silence to this stuff, but I can't figure out how to turn those off without turning off all sound, but I'm guess it possible to mod the file?

i second bullet 2

greetings

Stephan
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

1) Yes the partisans are a different colour than regular Soviet troops. This is important because you need to be able to tell the two apart. Leaders from one cannot rally/help troops from the other. Soviet Guard troops are already red.

2) Just record 1 second of silence to an .ogg file that has the same name as the sound you don't like, then replace the original file.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
KenPortner

Post by KenPortner »

I liked the Rally voice acting the first few times. Now it's a bit grating. How about an optionto turn it off?
76mm

Post by 76mm »

The "Come on, let's go guys" voice sounds like a cheerleader, not a combat leader, and the "How about a sip of vodka" guy sounds like someone's drunk uncle with a fake Russian accent. And besides, everyone knows that you don't motivate anyone to attack with a "sip" of vodka...

JD Smith43

Post by JD Smith43 »

'Everyone'? Really? [:D]

I didn't get the poll.

What brand of vodka was it?
For efficiency's sake, just assume I'm right.
jonj01

Post by jonj01 »

In the game folder(LnL heros of stalin) there is a sound folder. In the sound folder there is a VO folder. Delete everything in the VO(voiceover) folder and you wont hear those cheesy responses.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: jonj01

In the game folder(LnL heros of stalin) there is a sound folder. In the sound folder there is a VO folder. Delete everything in the VO(voiceover) folder and you wont hear those cheesy responses.

No need for that if you download the 1.04 beta build. The option has been included in the update to turn the voices off.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Great news, thanks. I hadn't noticed the beta build, will check it out.
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

Hearing the Russians in the game yelling something in English is odd. Why not make the Russians yell something in - Russian... like "Za Rodinu!"

On the other hand, after a while it would be repetitive as well. Randomizing Rally-sounds would be nice, but maybe not worth the effort.

I'll turn them off next time I play.
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”