New Update v4.6.269 now Available

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

decaro

RE: New Update v4.6.269 now Available

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Bletchley_Geek
ORIGINAL: Joe D.

ORIGINAL: Lieste

This is disbandment, rather than surrender. The personnel are being incorporated into other formations. I agree that it seems overegged at the moment, but it is important to distinguish between lost units/Personnel (surrenders) and lost units due to Personnel re-assignment (disbandment).

I just played the first historical scenario as the Allies from BftB under the .270 version and saw several messages claiming that Axis units had indeed "surrendered" from behind their own lines!
I suspect these units had disbanded, but the message did say "surrendered".
I wonder if this is generic, because the AAR showed many Axis disbandment's.

I need to check that out, Joe.

"I saw what I saw when I saw it!" - Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Joe,

We need a save.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Joe,

We need a save.

I guess that was what was meant by "check that out," but that game is gone.
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

I guess that was what was meant by "check that out," but that game is gone.

It's okay, Dave, I found the problem. Will report on the dev forums in a while.
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

Think this is what Joe was seeing.
It may just be bad wording.
In the unit message log it says surrendering, but when the last man eventually goes it says Disbanded.
There are no enemies for several Km's
I'm very glad this has been brought in though as that base would have been useless, and prevented the Regiment from drawing straight from the Division one instead.

Image 1 of 2

Attachments
disbanding..D31917.jpg
disbanding..D31917.jpg (818.55 KiB) Viewed 239 times
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

Ill sort out the saves.
Do you need one just after the rout as well, or will the ones at the time of the image's do?
Image 2 of 2

Attachments
disbanding..D31951.jpg
disbanding..D31951.jpg (829.48 KiB) Viewed 239 times
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

Exactly, Daz [:)] Fixing that, I've also come across other stuff, which should be out with 271.
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

I have put the saves into Miguel's Dropbox Dave.
If you want them as well you will have to let me know, only its a lot easier to put them in the Dropbox than it is to send them via email, I have found.
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

Exactly, Daz [:)] Fixing that, I've also come across other stuff, which should be out with 271.
Nice one mate [:)]
Lieste

Post by Lieste »

FWIW, if a unit needs supply and cannot draw from a Regt base it will under some circumstances draw direct from division (etc), even when Regt is still extant. I can't quantify the circumstances, just report that I have observed it. I am unsure if the state could revert if the Regt base recovers (PersQ can be boosted by disbandment (in theory at least, though it might be that priority strips troops away from a defunct base, rather than rebuilding it) - also morale states and fatigue can improve over time, and empty supply stocks can refill if there is sufficient draw on the base (they will obviously also refill if there is not, but only to low levels which may not encourage a possible reattachment).

I'd guess that at least 24 hours would be needed to rejig supply after the initial assignment away, but I haven't been able to observe the replay of this behaviour in detail once spotted yet ~ and it may not be set up to permit assignments 'down' in this way once they are shifted 'up'.
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

ORIGINAL: dazkaz15

If you want them as well you will have to let me know, only its a lot easier to put them in the Dropbox than it is to send them via email, I have found.

These on-the-cloud services are quite amazing. Sending big stuff on the e-mail strikes me these days as 'impolite' [:D]
decaro

Post by decaro »

In the unit message log it says surrendering, but when the last man eventually goes it says Disbanded ...

There is another minor issue; when I ran "Assault on the Saur" last night, I saw two separate messages that said one of my units had surrendered, and then immediately after another message that it was destroyed, which is just redundant wording.
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

In the unit message log it says surrendering, but when the last man eventually goes it says Disbanded ...

There is another minor issue; when I ran "Assault on the Saur" last night, I saw two separate messages that said one of my units had surrendered, and then immediately after another message that it was destroyed, which is just redundant wording.

Got that one as well Joe - I killed several birds with that stone. [:)]
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

These on-the-cloud services are quite amazing. Sending big stuff on the e-mail strikes me these days as 'impolite' [:D]

Is Dave too stuck in his ways to use Dropbox Miguel?

It can happen sometimes with us oldies you know.
Sometimes its very hard to got out of the ways you are used to, until someone forces you to change.
Just as you did with me, requesting that I use the Dropbox.
Once you get over the initial technophobe though, you wonder why it took you so long to change [:'(]

So what do you think it will take to get Dave out of snail-mail, and into Dropbox? [;)]
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

Is Dave too stuck in his ways to use Dropbox Miguel?

It can happen sometimes with us oldies you know.
Sometimes its very hard to got out of the ways you are used to, until someone forces you to change.
Just as you did with me, requesting that I use the Dropbox.
Once you get over the initial technophobe though, you wonder why it took you so long to change [:'(]

So what do you think it will take to get Dave out of snail-mail, and into Dropbox? [;)]

[:)] We have a FTP server available, but for operational reasons it can't be opened up to the public to make easy to upload saved games. Drop box or Google Drive are perfect for that, as security is not a concern. Now I need to find a truly secure storage service on the cloud, or establish myself with Dave a way for us to exchange sensitive files on top of an existing service. Any advice on that would appreciated, as my specialty lies on other aspects of IT [:'(]
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

I have no problem in people using dropbox. Just email me the link to the file in your dropbox. I'm fine with that. But it has to be your drop box not mine.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Return to “Command Ops Series”