I hate FPC:RS

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

JohnOs

I hate FPC:RS

Post by JohnOs »

I hate FPC:RS because I'm addicted to it [:D] I recall along time ago I was addicted to TACOPS and had to go to rehab and now I'm falling into the same problem. I can't stop playing it, so my lawyers will be in touch to the makers of the game. I like this game, because of it I will start parttime work in July of this year. So my boss will start the paper work to sue the makers of the game [:D] all joking aside I like this game. [&o] Keep up the work on this game. Now where is this dam update patch [8|] Is there anybody else out there that has the same problem as me or am I the first with this problem?
Flashpoint Campaigns Contributor
jack54

RE: I hate FPC:RS

Post by jack54 »

I've learned to embrace the addiction... I hoping for a FC:RS tee shirt and hat.

I wonder if that could happen?[;)]
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Enigma6584

Post by Enigma6584 »

LOL...I'm in same boat as you guys. Wife keeps threatening divorce because I spend too much time with that "damn game" and not with her. [:-] [:D]
daferg

Post by daferg »

The wife told me its her or this game. I'm gonna miss her.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

We've been discussing T-shirts, caps and coffee mugs! [:D]

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

[:D][:D][:D] I now have to say that in good conscience I can't see releasing 2.03 and becoming and enabler of this addiction. Not only will those afflicted fall deeper, new players will succumb to having this digital monkey on their backs. Oh the shame and horror. [:D][:D][:D]

Sadly we are just as addicted to the game. And yes we are talking about some form of merch for OTS and FPC:RS. Just not sure of the best way to do it. We really don't have the time order and process and ship. Thoughts welcome on the subject.[8D]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
tide1530

Post by tide1530 »

They say if you can admit to an addiction you can be cured. I know I don't have an addiction [:D]
daferg

Post by daferg »

I think Cafe Press sells a lot of merchandise for websites. I don't think you make much money from sales but they do all of the leg work. I have never used them but I've seen a few other sites use them. Might be something for someone to look into.
Cafe

Post by Cafe »

T-shirts with counter art on them are always fun.

If enough folks get them, an upscale game is possible. As the units are reduced the shirt size gets smaller until the person playing the unit can no longer breathe...oh well it sounded like an interesting idea at the time.
Be nice.
daferg

Post by daferg »

I got a good chuckle out of this!

ORIGINAL: Cafe

T-shirts with counter art on them are always fun.

If enough folks get them, an upscale game is possible. As the units are reduced the shirt size gets smaller until the person playing the unit can no longer breathe...oh well it sounded like an interesting idea at the time.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Here's an old tee that I loved to wear while War gaming....My wife hated it. I came home one day and it was framed.

( I am assuming so I don't wear it anymore...I had to laugh!)

Attachments
EastFront shirt 1.jpg
EastFront shirt 1.jpg (130.57 KiB) Viewed 155 times
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
roeddog

Post by roeddog »

Cafe Press, they charge you say $7.50 for a coffee mug you mark it up to $10.00 or whatever price you choose. Your designs and/or artwork they put it on the merch sell and ship, and you get a check. Simple as that... unless they have change since I used them.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks for the inputs. We are chatting with the guys at GrogHeads about hooking up with their Cafe Press site. We will let you guys know if something happens on this front.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
tide1530

Post by tide1530 »

At least the good lady had it framed and didn't use it for a dust rag [;)]
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

I wonder if we shouldn't use that same picture for our Eastern Front expansion? That's the second wargame cover that picture is on that I know of.

No wonder she framed it. [:D]

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Cafe

Post by Cafe »

Yes, Cross of Iron, the first Squad Leader expansion used the same pic, although it had a T34 in the background!
Be nice.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”