Isolated/Out of Supply

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

jcrohio

Isolated/Out of Supply

Post by jcrohio »

There are two status indicators one for out of supply and the other for isolated. I understand what of out of supply does but can't find anything in any manual about isolated. What is it and what are its effects?

Thanks
Jack
Jack
Numdydar

RE: Isolated/Out of Supply

Post by Numdydar »

IIRC OOS means the unit will go back in the pool, Isolated means it is out of the game. But I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong [:D]
rogerdubbs

Post by rogerdubbs »

Eventually it will matter for the "isolated reorganization" optional rule - units will not be able to reorganize if they are isolated with that option on. It may have other small meanings, but that is the biggest one.
Roger
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

IIRC OOS means the unit will go back in the pool, Isolated means it is out of the game. But I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong [:D]

you are totally wrong
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: jcrohio

There are two status indicators one for out of supply and the other for isolated. I understand what of out of supply does but can't find anything in any manual about isolated. What is it and what are its effects?

Thanks
Jack
Only difference is during Final Reorganization and I cut in the rule below.

RAC: 13.5 Final reorganization step
All disorganized units become organized (including units that have stayed at sea and units that are out of
supply). [Clarification. Ships and aircraft at sea are always in supply and can be reorganized. 2008 WIF Annual.]
Option 47: (Isolated reorganization) You can only organize a unit if it can trace a path to a primary supply
source for that unit. You trace the path in the same way as a basic supply path, including via overseas supply paths
(see 2.4.2) except that it can be of any length.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

Thanks Orm - so if I am understanding this the only way the Isolated Indicator will show is when a unit fails to reorganize in the Final Reorganization step and the option Isolated Reorganiztion is being used - then it will show as Isolated not just Out of Supply

Thanks again
Jack
Jack
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

ORIGINAL: jcrohio

Thanks Orm - so if I am understanding this the only way the Isolated Indicator will show is when a unit fails to reorganize in the Final Reorganization step and the option Isolated Reorganiztion is being used - then it will show as Isolated not just Out of Supply

Thanks again
Jack

no .. the unit will be out of supply, it it is out of supply.

it will be isolated if it can´t trace a supply path of any range ..

so when you look at a units it can have a out of supply indicator or a isolate indicator.

no matter what indicator. the unit is out of supply. but if it is also isolated it will not reorganize in the Final Reorganization step
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

In the game I am playing now there are two Russian units completely surrounded by German units. Their status indicator is yellow not orange. However, I am playing the quick start Barbarossa game and Isolated Organization Limits is not turned on. Could this be why they are showing yellow and not orange?

Jack
Jack
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

you are totally wrong

Good to know lol. I figured I could have been since I was going off of memory so thanks for keeping me staright [:)]

Return to “World in Flames”