Conflict of Heroes 1.38 Now Available!

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Gerry Edwards

Conflict of Heroes 1.38 Now Available!

Post by Gerry Edwards »

Hello Everyone,

Now available through your updater or the FTP. This is to fix the install order bug when patching and installing SoS after patches as well as other bugs, some of which is listed below.

v1.38 February 10, 2014

Fix for close combat bug

v1.37 February 2, 2014

Fixed cautious movement AP bug
Fixed ATB/SOS update bug

Cheers,
Gerry
Those who came before pave the path of tomorrow.
Charly G

RE: Conflict of Heroes 1.38 Now Available!

Post by Charly G »

Thank you.
Noypi53

Post by Noypi53 »

Hi!

Do I install this update before or after I've installed Storms of Steel?

Thanks in advance for the help.
PKH

Post by PKH »

Does this fix the crashes in some of the Storms of Steel scenarios ?
geozero

Post by geozero »

I was contemplating buying the game yet seeing as the developer has not responded to a simple question in 5 months I am hesitant to plop down $40.

C'mon, are you folks not doing any support or customer service?
JUST SAY NO... To Hideous Graphics.
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

I'd be wary.

Given the apparent evidence it appears development ceased quite a while ago.
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
KEYSTONE0795

Post by KEYSTONE0795 »

If the complete silence regarding CoH is due to the designers health issues and future development is possible, I really wish someone from Matrix would tell us.

If CoH is DEAD, I wish someone from Matrix would have the courtesy to tell us so.
geozero

Post by geozero »

I would be very surprised if anyone at Matrix could take over further development. I think most of the games are designed by independent developers and not employees... just guessing but I could be wrong. If there has been a health issue, my true sympathies... life does get into the way sometimes of making games. It would be good though, as pointed out, if someone from Matrix could tell us more about the state of future releases or development, and perhaps even remove the game from queue, as it would be bad to buy something with no support at all.
JUST SAY NO... To Hideous Graphics.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”